Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Are Arsenal Supporters.....?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Really I'm very shocked. It's plain for anyone to see.

Got a link? I'd love to have another forum to browse myself anyway.
    Muppet, could you post a link to that other forum please. I am also interested in reading about this, from a different perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

To give Ferguson £8-£10m in January would be a huge vote of confidence and a gamble that he will get on top of things again. I cannot see the Glaziers doing that. Of course the Glaziers "have never given any indication they were going to sack Fergie" - it would be very naive to think they would give such an indication.
    According to the Irish Times earlier this week, the Glaziers have been "ruthless" in the past with various coaches at Buccs, but I wouldnt have a clue whether that's true or not.

They have been ruthless.
    Ya know what they did.
    The guy in charge was loved by the fans and had been there for like 10 years.
    They came out and said after a run of bad results that unless he picked it up he would be fired.
    He didn't pick it up, and he was fired.

Compare that to how Fergie has gone.
    Fergie has a run of bad results, and the Glaziers came out and said, we give our full support for Fergie and intend for him to stay for years more.

Comparsion?????

Fergie is staying, and will be given the transfer budget that he has been promised, 20 million quid, to spend it however he wants.
    Man Utd might bein debt, but it really hasn't change their transfer policy much at all.
    Man Utd were always a business looking to make a profit, and nothing has changed.
    They realise that to make money you need to spend money, and this hasn't change.

p.s.
    I don't think Fergie is too worried about not qualifying for the CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I've been moaning about Ferguson for a few years now for various reasons. Mostly because of the way he has played the team in europe in recent years and a few dodgey selections and buys. I'm not alone here in feeling this way for so long.

Compare that to Wenger, who has been more consistant in buying better players and in playing a way that no other fans in England can enjoy to watch week in, week out.

This is why I think Arsenal fans have a trust in Wenger, that he can bring them out of this rut, and that trust is not as visible in ManU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

PHB wrote:
    p.s.
    Are you serious?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hobart wrote:
    Muppet, could you post a link to that other forum please. I am also interested in reading about this, from a different perspective.

No I will not be posting a link. I do not want cross fire from here on the other forum.

The Muppet wrote:
    No I will not be posting a link. I do not want cross fire from here on the other forum.
    I take it from that response that it's either a Manu forum or that you're lying?

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    I take it from that response that it's either a Manu forum or that you're lying?

B.

Frankly I don't care what you take from it. I have over 4.5k posts here mostly on this forum and never before have I been accused of lying. I will not be linking for the reason stated.

The Muppet wrote:
    Frankly I don't care what you take from it. I have over 4.5k posts here mostly on this forum and never before have I been accused of lying. I will not be linking for the reason stated.
    Then why did you bother saying that you posted the same question on another forum and got different answers to the ones you're getting here?

You can't use something as evidence to prove your point and then when asked to provide this evidence just say "No" and then expect people to believe you. But as you've said, you don't care what anybody takes from it, just don't expect people to believe what you're saying if you can't provide evidence.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You could at least PM the link to them to prove you are not lying.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Then why did you bother saying that you posted the same question on another forum and got different answers to the ones you're getting here?

You can't use something as evidence to prove your point and then when asked to provide this evidence just say "No" and then expect people to believe you. But as you've said, you don't care what anybody takes from it, just don't expect people to believe what you're saying if you can't provide evidence.

B.

I said it because its true. I,m not trying to prove any point with it but I did find the difference in opinion interesting. I dont know what if it proves , if it proves anything at all.

I made the point if its taken at face value or not does not bother me but I am not in the habit of lying and take exception to your accusation. That is the end of that point as far as I am concerned .

The Muppet wrote:
    As the league currently stands whic teams form dipped has dipped the most over the past year or two United or Arsenal?

The double standards displayed in replies to this thread are amusing. I posted this exact same topic on another general football forum and the replies there were so different to the ones here, The consensus there was that United and Arsenal would both be silly to get rid of managers with such a proven track record. Why does it appear that there are double standards at play here?

Well you accused people of having double standards and then went on to say that the concensus on another forum was different to that of this forum.

I think it's a fair question to ask whether the forum you posted on (which you brought into the debate) is a Manu forum. It might go some way to expalin why you got different answers compared to a less Manu biased forum like this on.

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Well you accused people of having double standards and then went on to say that the concensus on another forum was different to that of this forum.

I think it's a fair question to ask whether the forum you posted on (which you brought into the debate) is a Manu forum. It might go some way to expalin why you got different answers compared to a less Manu biased forum like this on.

B.

That is a fair question which was answered in the post I made the comment in . I said it was a general football forum so no It was not a dedicated Man United Forum.
    the muppet wrote:
    I posted this exact same topic on another general football forum

The Muppet wrote:
    That is a fair question which was answered in the post I made the comment in . I said it was a general football forum so no It was not a dedicated Man United Forum.

Fair enufski. Think I know the forum though.

B.

What is the problem you have with posting a link exactly?

What do you mean by not wanting "cross-fire" from here on the other forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Assume if he posts the links here people will join it and post their opinions on the topic there also.

• Advertisement

Hi Muppet,

you can PM me the link. I will not register or post on that other forum. You can take my word for it. I'm just interested in finding out what the other forum has to say on the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hi hobart,

when muppet pms you the link could you pm me the link, i would also quite like to see it. Why don't we get some chinese whipers going on. Last person will end up looking at Donkey Pr0n :)

I'm still waiting. I will only forward on this link of a public site, with the express permission of The Muppet. If he says that it is ok, well then I will. If not, no effen way TFTF. This is the internet after all, and we must protect fora from cross postings. Look at Hemel Hemstead FFS. Have you no sense man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

PHB wrote:
    Compare that to how Fergie has gone.
    Fergie has a run of bad results, and the Glaziers came out and said, we give our full support for Fergie and intend for him to stay for years more.

Comparsion?????
    Have you got a link for when the Glaziers came out and said that? I certainly didnt see it or hear from it.

I did see a quote from an official Glazer spokesman in the Irish Times on Friday December 9 (just after being knocked out of the CL). He declined to discuss what the position is regarding Ferguson, he simply stated the Glazer's have "a blanket policy not to discuss personnel". Which would suggest the Glazer's in fact did not give "their full support to Fergie". Neither have they said he's under immediate threat for the sack.
    PHB wrote:
    p.s.
    Yeah, that's my point as to why the Glazer's wont give any more than £3m to £5m in my opinion. No matter what they spend they're unlikely to finish higher than 2nd or lower than 4th, so maybe best to wait until the summer to spend the big dosh, and let whoever is going to be manager in 06/07 (whether it be Fergie or someone else) spend it then.

Hobart wrote:
    I'm still waiting. I will only forward on this link of a public site, with the express permission of The Muppet. If he says that it is ok, well then I will. If not, no effen way TFTF. This is the internet after all, and we must protect fora from cross postings. Look at Hemel Hemstead FFS. Have you no sense man?

Well in fairness to The Muppet, if it's the forum I'm thinking it is he has a good reason not to tell people here.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

BaZmO* wrote:
    Well in fairness to The Muppet, if it's the forum I'm thinking it is he has a good reason not to tell people here.

B.

Now I am very much intrigued to know about this forum ;)

Kingp35 wrote:
    Now I am very much intrigued to know about this forum ;)

Me too! Can you PM it to me Bazmo?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Me too! Can you PM it to me Bazmo?

Nah, it would be fair to.

Think of the children!! Won't everybody please think of the children.............

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Would these children by any chance know about the name of this website you are on about. I would think of them if there was some way that I could get an answer outta the little blighters.

Nice troll BaZmO*.

Hobart wrote:
    Nice troll BaZmO*.

I'm not trolling, it's not my style. I was asked a question and I answered it. I could of chose not to answer it but I didn't.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

"We have lost games before," he declared.

"For us, Manchester United is a long-term deal. We are rebuilding the team and will do whatever it takes to get it right.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is a wonderful manager."

From Glazer last week

---

"It is not my place to comment on the Sir Alex's or anybody else's future at Manchester United,"

From a spokeman after the knockout

---
    "He will not rest until the success is found. It's comforting when you have a manager who has been there and done that.

"Manchester United are very lucky to have a manager like Sir Alex Ferguson. The man has done just the greatest job here and we're looking forward to working with him for many years.

"Nothing will change [under the new regime]. We understand when there is change there is uncertainty, but for us it's going to be business as usual.

2 months ago from Glazer

----

The difference is, even if you don't think that is saying full support for Fergie, they have in the past come out against Tampa managers and criticised them, they havn't done that here.

With regard to this "mysterious" forum that seems to have differnt opinions to the ones expressed here, The Muppet, I have sent you PM's with guarantees. If they are not good enough, why don't you quote/un-quote extracts from these sites, and publish them here in graphical form? It would debunk the argument, put forward, that you are telling lies. Which I have to say sounds like a gross mis-representation of you and your postings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The Muppet wrote:
    I,m not trying to prove any point with it but I did find the difference in opinion interesting.
    Were you not trying to use this evidence as proof of double standards on this forum on the matter? In other words implying that the other forum is more accurate in whats posted on said issue.
    The Muppet wrote:
    IThe double standards displayed in replies to this thread are amusing. I posted this exact same topic on another general football forum and the replies there were so different to the ones here, The consensus there was that United and Arsenal would both be silly to get rid of managers with such a proven track record. Why does it appear that there are double standards at play here?
    I would also like to see even clippings from the other forum, as I find it difficult to understand how someone couldn't see as to why there may be pressure on AF.

PHB wrote:
    "We have lost games before," he declared.

"For us, Manchester United is a long-term deal. We are rebuilding the team and will do whatever it takes to get it right.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is a wonderful manager."

From Glazer last week

---

"It is not my place to comment on the Sir Alex's or anybody else's future at Manchester United,"

From a spokeman after the knockout

---

2 months ago from Glazer

----

The difference is, even if you don't think that is saying full support for Fergie, they have in the past come out against Tampa managers and criticised them, they havn't done that here.

It sounds sensible to me, they realise the calibre of the manager they have.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    It sounds sensible to me, they realise the calibre of the manager they have.
    Are you going to address the alegations of being a liar levelled against you on this forum or not? Are you going to respond to my PM's? Are you going to link to this forum, you refer to earlier? If not, why not?

Hobart wrote:
    Are you going to address the alegations of being a liar levelled against you on this forum or not? Are you going to respond to my PM's? Are you going to link to this forum, you refer to earlier? If not, why not?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50540875&postcount=61

heres a link with amore balanced view on Ferguson that I am happy to link to.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054862860 .

You could be a politician with all these questions you are dodging.

The Muppet wrote:
    Firstly, I have read this thread in it's entirety and I fully accept that you have taken execption to the allegation of being a liar, and have stated this. I do not need any further evidence that you have refuted this, I accept it. I am pesuming that you are not a liar.

Secondly I have asked you, as have others, for a link to this website that you have posted the same (or similar) question on.

You claim that grossly diffeerent replies were made. I take this on the face value that you have made it on. I have asked you privately and publicly for linkage to this. I have given you assurances that I will not betray your worries of "cross posting" etc on this forum.

I have also given you an opportunity to post graphical examples of this polar point of view, from this forum that you asked the same question on.

Hell, I will even offer you some websapce, if that helps.

Now why don't you stop flitting around and post this link.

Or are you lying?

Like the sig Hobart but if you think you can bully me you are very much mistaken. :D

As they say there's no such thing as bad publicity, keep up the good work:D .
    What is it about The Muppet ? He makes a claim about a post on another forum to backup his argument. When he is asked , not once but twice , to provide a link he refuses. His excuse leaves him open to accusations of lying . Despite users asking again and again for this link, he still refuses to give it. Some say that we should not believe him, that he was making it up. I hope, for his sake at least, that he clears this mess up and restores some credibility to his tarnished reputation.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Muppet wrote:
    Like the sig Hobart but if you think you can bully me you are very much mistaken. :D

As they say there's no such thing as bad publicity, keep up the good work:D .

In all fairness mate, why dont you just provide us with the link. I have gone through many of the Man U forums, which I am also registered on and I have yet to come accross any thread like this one here. Maybe its not a Man U forum which you posted it on, but which ever one it is, why not just post the bleedin link to it. Otherwise your credibility will be questioned every time you post here.

Leonard wrote:
    In all fairness mate, why dont you just provide us with the link. I have gone through many of the Man U forums, which I am also registered on and I have yet to come accross any thread like this one here. Maybe its not a Man U forum which you posted it on, but which ever one it is, why not just post the bleedin link to it. Otherwise your credibility will be questioned every time you post here.

As I said two pages ago that subject is closed . I made a point and I stand over it. Whether anyone believes it or not is fine by me but I am not going to be bullied into giving information I do not want to give . Full stop

The Muppet wrote:
    As I said two pages ago that subject is closed . I made a point and I stand over it. Whether anyone believes it or not is fine by me but I am not going to be bullied into giving information I do not want to give . Full stop

Fine so. Case closed .......

Liar liar pants on fire.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...5&postcount=61

heres a link with amore balanced view on Ferguson that I am happy to link to.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2054862860 .

Ah classic muppet.
    He will never admit to being wrong ever....EVER!!

Remember the time you called me a paedophile muppet and you went on and on about it saying that I knowingly knew a local under age girl from Cork and distributed pictures of her to my mates via MMS. It was a big story back in the day.

Anyway after about fives to six pages of ranting, point scoring and backing someone in a corner he won on points even though his allagtions were totally utter false.

This is what you are dealing with when you are talking to the muppet. Its why I dont bother with his posts anymore. He could argue his way in telling people the sky is pink and then totally deny he ever ment to say such a stupid thing.

PS That girl, it turned out was from Dublin arf :):):p Does that count as a TKO?

• Advertisement

Oh mods sorry for going of topic but I guess its been like this for about 2 pages anyway cause of a certain green frog wont answer outstanding allegations.
    Personally I dont give a **** if he lied or not.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With regards to the Muppet, when you encounter someone who will post one thing in a thread and will then completely deny ever having posted it a few posts later (in the same thread), you know you're wasting your time even attempting to have a discussion with him.

Move on folks, it's nothing new - he's been at it for a long time.

With regards to the Muppet, when you encounter someone who will post one thing in a thread and will then completely deny ever having posted it a few posts later (in the same thread), you know you're wasting your time even attempting to have a discussion with him.

Move on folks, it's nothing new - he's been at it for a long time.

Thats just stupid . If anyone did that they would be nailed . Would you supply a link for that.

The Muppet wrote:
    Would you supply a link for that.

Rofl, maybe if you'd supply a certain link yourself we could nail you for it. Just maybe...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I pointed it out on the very thread, and you simply ignored it as you usually do (I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can equate). It was probably about 2 years ago at this stage, but instead of trawling through old threads for it, I think I'll go to bed instead. Perhaps I will bother looking it up at the weekend, but more likely I'll not waste my time on it or you.

// edit - haha at the irony of the muppet requesting a link!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Rofl, maybe if you'd supply a certain link yourself we could nail you for it. Just maybe...

I assume he is talking about this forum.

• Advertisement

I pointed it out on the very thread, and you simply ignored it as you usually do (I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can equate). It was probably about 2 years ago at this stage, but instead of trawling through old threads for it, I think I'll go to bed instead. Perhaps I will bother looking it up at the weekend, but more likely I'll not waste my time on it or you.

// edit - haha at the irony of the muppet requesting a link!

Fair enough . there was a lot of stuff went on here two years ago ,I though this forum had move on from there.

I dont recall the post you are referring to and Janks post earlier in this thread is inaccurate as well. Its very easy to make an accusations, say it happened two years ago and then just fob it off. If you have a reason for not providing the link post it like I did.

The Muppet wrote:
    Fair enough . there was a lot of stuff went on here two years ago ,I though this forum had move on from there.

I dont recall the post you are referring to and Janks post earlier in this thread is inaccurate as well. Its very easy to make an accusations, say it happened two years ago and then just fob it off. If you have a reason for not providing the link post it like I did.

You have some neck asking for someone to post a link when you wont bother posting your link.

So, despite your earlier claims that people around here know that you are not a liar, the evidence here would seem to contradict your previous confidence?

Leonard wrote:
    You have some neck asking for someone to post a link when you wont bother posting your link.

I gave my reason for not linking . I asked him for a link to back up his allegation , if he has a reason for not doing so he can give it. I have only ever conversed with kaids on this forum AFAIK so The link will have to be one from here and so there would be no implications for his online privacy.

Hobart wrote:
    So, despite your earlier claims that people around here know that you are not a liar, the evidence here would seem to contradict your previous confidence?

There are a lot of members on this forum there are only a small minority giving me grief about this and most of them are just point scoring.

You know I,m telling the truth but you still persist in a witch hunt. There is no way I will supply you a link because of your attempted Bullyboy tactics.

You know I,m telling the truth but you still persist in a witch hunt. There is no way I will supply you a link because of your attempted Bullyboy tactics.

Coming from you Muppet its a bit rich

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement