Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superevolution patch out (insane install looming)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

Good news.

I'll probably wait until the new year though. When the league is over.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

sounds great, hey kdjac whatabout restartin the league with this patch for everyone :)

That'd be unfair to those who are doing well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hey! im doin alrite, ive only really played 14 or so!

We may as well finish out this one first and see how everyone enjoyed it. It will highlight some shortcomings for the next league.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pes5%202005-12-12%2018-54-54-64.jpg

pes5%202005-12-12%2018-55-02-51.jpg

Changed all my settings to low but still looks very well.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Shouldnt allow a donkey on the pitch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I know you have those settings set to low, but I've been playing patches that look that good (better actually due to non pixelated flags ;) ) on the PS2 for about 4 months already.

Apart from the PLF inspired database what took them so long to make this patch for the PC?

dar83 wrote:
    I know you have those settings set to low, but I've been playing patches that look that good (better actually due to non pixelated flags ;) ) on the PS2 for about 4 months already.

Apart from the PLF inspired database what took them so long to make this patch for the PC?

But i just changed it to high ,find that button on your ps2 :p

Konami changed the format for pc not as simple as AFS copying, read the instructions for patching above its a bit mental. Assume its because they have all those sponsors on the pesrankings site hence pesfan removing everything.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Do you have some probs with the kits like this:

kitmess1oe.jpg

• Advertisement

It's basically a DKZ studio patch, most of the WE9 patches were the same, I've lost count how many times I've rebuilt a WE9 ISO. :)

The patching process for the PC is still very similar to the PS2, as the game is still a straight port. No surprise that the old PPF style patching of old is now impossible for most things. :(

Edit: Kensutz that looks like your option file is conflicting with the imported kits, use a new Option File or head to Edit mode and hit default for the messed up kits. ;) (that is if PC uses Option File kind of standard for editing stuff???)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lots of crazy bugs in the patch and some of the work not the best.
    I've just stripped out all the best bits (with DKZ) and combined them into my already patched game = best results :D
    The sound patch is brilliant btw...

Kensutz - thats the kits 3d model you'll have to change. (to wide-back model)
    It's simple to do using kitserver... is that just from the new patch?

It is a new option file

Hmmmm, try doing the editing section and Default oprion anyway, usually works for that kind of kit abnormality. Otherwise post it in their bug fix thread and just wait for a fix, unless you want to go ahead and find the individual kits yourself and add them in.

Your guess is as good as mine though really. Have other people complained about the same kit?

Some have on evo-web already

Just read the bug thread, according to only the first page, I'd definately wait until the V2 before downloading or installing this patch. Seems to be a lot of bugs, I wonder did they test it much at all, because it seems that a lot of stuff needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^ agreed.
    TBH, for kits, I find kitserver is best.
    I've nearly all the kits I want and no problems with 3d models.

I've only used the patch for a few new stadiums, ref kits and sound (best bit about patch IMO)...
    It's well worth while getting tools like DKZ and GGS and work with kitserver... you'll have the game exactly the way you want it then ;)

Kensutz, you do know about the championship kits out?
    Thought you'd be playing as norwich :D
    norwich0fn.png

Sweet, I might edit a team and put us in. Can you enter kits using kitserver onto the superpatch? I'll re-enter the likes of Bayern and Roma if you're allowed to do it

Your best bet is to just get the bin's, use DKZ to import them directly over the team you want to replace, I would suggest one of the Europe other teams, rather than Bayern or Roma or any other signifcant other team.

(not that Norwich are insignifcant ;) )

No Dar, I meant the prob I had with the Bayern kit I was going to re-enter that kit as I showed the problem up above and change one of the "other" European teams to Norwich

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tegh8

If I go and install the pesfan option file I've had sitting in some folder for the last month, will I have to redo my saved formations? Also, will I be able to play online with the edited information?

Also, how the hell do I connect to IRC via the web-based client and where is the web-based client!?

Thanks.

Option file just changes names. Your formation is a file called KONAMI-WIN32PES5000 or KONAMI-WIN32PES5010 in the same folder as the option file which is KONAMI-WIN32PESOPT.

You can still load them online using the Stock option.

Click on the Chat icon on the main page clevery hidden on the right handside. http://www.boards.ie/chat/ Then when you access the Boards.ie channel type
    /join #pes.ie
    Then
    /nick tegh8

And thats it.

kdjac

Got the kits sorted. You have to replace the exe and then apply a new option file to the game to avoid stretching. Most rapidshare links are down if anyone is looking for them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Installed this but it has made all jerseys jet black....any idea why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

kensutz wrote:
    Got the kits sorted. You have to replace the exe and then apply a new option file to the game to avoid stretching. Most rapidshare links are down if anyone is looking for them
    Torrent linky
    The Wolf PES5 Superpatch 1.0.1 Easy Install

BitTorrent Link: http://www.mininova.org/tor/175628
    (Only just uploaded so give it a minute or two if it doesn't connect.)

For those of you who have problems with this whole "patching" nightmare or live in countries where it's difficult to use RapidShare or FileFront, I've simplified everything as much as possible.

The torrent may be a little slow for the first 30 mins of me uploading the data until a few more leechers have data to sahre. I will keep uploading for 7 days.

This is the PES5 Superpatch in full with these additional updates also applied:
    - New option file with updated appearances.
    - Portsmouth callname fix.
    - Frenkies stadium updates for: Online Stadium, San Siro, Stade Luis II, Velodrome and Training Stadium.

STEP 1:
    Copy the 'KONAMI-WIN32PES5OPT' file from the 'Updated Appearances Option File' folder to:
    C:\My Documents\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 5\save\folder1
    (this will overwrite your old option file - you can simply take out your old option file and keep it

somewhere else for back-up purposes)

STEP 2:
    Copy '0_sound', '0_text', 'e_sound' and ''e_text' to:
    C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 5\dat
    (this will overwrite your default .afs files - you can simply take them out and keep them somewhere else

for back-up purposes)

STEP 3:
    If you want to play online with the new national teams, copy 'pes5.exe' from 'Online Only pes5.exe'

folder to:
    C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 5 game)

DkZ Studio 0/90 is included in case you need it to apply future updates. Also included is Juce LOD mixer

which allows you to improve the graphical detail of the game and PESOFEditor v0.33 XP for any amendments

you want to make yourself to the option file.

FULL GAME FEATURES:

- New Teams for World Cup 2006 and Champions League 2006/2006
    - new Stats by various Databasemakers - most Teams have updating Formations
    - 100 % Online compatible. Important: only works if you Opponent have also install this Patch or use our

Database
    - New Stadiums (Allianz Arena, Veltins Arena, Philips Stadium, St. Jakob Park, Stadio Luigi Ferraris, De

la Luz, Maracana, EStadio Dragao, Santiago Bernabeu, Shanghai Stadium
    - new Turfs
    - over 500 new Faces
    - All Kits in .bins (new Kitsserver coming next Days)
    - many Keeper Gloves
    - new Balls include "Adidas Teamgeist" by Dart Wagner
    - new Menu (all Language)
    - new Chants & Goalsounds & InGame Sounds
    - new Callnames (all Language)
    - new Adboards (all Language)
    - new Supporter Flags for each Team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

anyone have a problem with dkz studio 0.9 on winxpsp2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Which patch is better ? Superevolution or wolf superpatch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭digiman

Just installed Superpatch 2.0 and have to say it is pure class, the crowd chants, the football boots, all the proper team names, logos, stadiums etc.
    I can't believe the people who do this do it for free, it brings so much more realism to the game it just brilliant.

It is quite a nice patch, only thing I dont like in it already (from only about 4-5 matches) is the volume of the added in cheering when a goal is scored.

In most games it's really timid and noticably low, but this just does the opposite and make it just as bad, but in a different way. :(

The rest looks good though, very decent patch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement