Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Vs NTL

• 12-12-2005 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

At the moment I have just the four aerial TV channels but would like to get BBC 1, 2, UTV and channel 4....any other channels would be nice but not required. Don't fancy paying 20 quid a month for NTL so was thinking that ALdi and Lidl occasionally do sat dishes that give access to a bunch of channels, would something like that get me the channels I want?

Is Satellite better than NTL in terms of channel range? Is the reception crap on sat channels?

Any info welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If that's what you're after then a 2nd hand Sky digibox with a UK freesat card is exactly for you. Should he able to get it all for about 200 (box,card, dish, cable) if you install yourself.

No monthly charge, all the BBCs, ITVs C4 and C5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Thanks for the info. What about freeview digital? Would that require a dish as well or is it all through a set-top box?

Cheers.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

"Freeview" is a UK digital terrestrial network (DTT), basically digital TV through your aerial. There is on DTT service from RTE yet!

A free-to-air satellite system will get you all the BBC and ITV channels, and Sky News, CNN, etc but not Channel 4 or five.

The option pH suggests gets you these plus C4, five and Sky Three.

Advertisement