Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i buy an lcd??

• 12-12-2005 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey i seriously need a new t.v. and was wondering should i shell out for an LCD or stick to a cheaper larger CRT?? I really have no intention of getting sky of any sort in the next 3years. So should i spend c.€600 on a 32" CRT or €1500 for an LCD?
    Thanks in advance for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

How much space you have?

If you have a big room for it with plenty of unused space and you like carrying boxes that weigh as much as 2people (dwarfs) go for the crt. Small apartment/room go for the lcd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I really have no intention of getting sky of any sort in the next 3years.

Having an LCD on normal Analogue Tv is a waste, the picture will be very poor. Save yourself a packet and buy a CRT, they are dirt cheap now.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

chump wrote:
    How much space you have?

If you have a big room for it with plenty of unused space and you like carrying boxes that weigh as much as 2people (dwarfs) go for the crt. Small apartment/room go for the lcd...
    Space really aint a problem. Loads of room for a CRT.
    Having an LCD on normal Analogue Tv is a waste, the picture will be very poor. Save yourself a packet and buy a CRT, they are dirt cheap now.

S.
    I agree, CRT it is then. Cheers peeps!:D

Advertisement