Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless help - newbie

• 12-12-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I am an exisitng BT bb customer and so far have had no problems with the BB service. Over the weekend I decided I would go wirelsss and so replaced the Zyxel modem/router with a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL modem/router.(WAG54G).
    I set up the Linksys with the exact settings that were on the Zyxcel however I am unable to get a 'net connection.It keeps returning the error "unable to connect to PPP server."
    The only difference I can see is on the Zyxel I had set the Encapsulation mode to PPPoE and Mode to routed whereas on the Linksys Encapsulation is set to RFC2516 PPPoE (there is no "Mode" setting)
    Has anybody managed to get BT bb up and running on wireless? I rang BT's Tech Support but they were unable to offer any help on 3rd party devices.

Cheers for any advice,
    sombaht

Advertisement