Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of a service

Options
  • 12-12-2005 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a 1.2 Fiat Stilo with 45 thousand miles on it. I rang my local fiat dealer looking for the price of a service. He told me that it would cost 290 euro for a full service with the oil changed and filters and all the works. Is this good value or am I being ripped off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Bit dear alright. I reckon it should be around 200. Maybe its because it was an official Fiat garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

thats a bit dear mate, i had a bravo a few years back with all sorts of problems that i had in several garages etc eventually i sent it into fiat thinking they know the ins and outs of the car so hey they can fix anything cost me an arm n a leg n they were useless they really were didnt wanna know i paid around the same and as my problem wasnt a cv joint as i suggested (thinking they wud find the problem and come up with a fix or cost to fix) they sent me on my way..... wat a waste of my day and the best part of 300 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Our local guy charges about 150, only does what needs to be done no BS.

Dealers seem to be charging 250-350 and do hardly anything as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

yes I agree with the above local garage does my car, back street affair no problems. I usually do it myself much cheaper, if you can hold a spanner.
    Personaly I tend to do every second service myself, let the garage do the odd ones just in case I missed anything.

Advertisement