Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating project help

Options
  • 12-12-2005 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

ok quick question for yeas, I’m creating an online dating website for a project I’m thinking bout putting pm's into the site but I have no idea how to put this feature into the site. I was thinking about putting 5 tables into my oracle database that where blank for messages but that is only a last resort. i will be using jsp and oracle so any ideas??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

create another table called PMs with possibly the following fields:-
    pm_id
    pm_user_id
    pm_from_user_id
    pm_date
    pm_message
    pm_read
    use a 0/1 value option for the pm_read field - if it is 0 then not read if 1 then its read. When a user logs into their account, get it to check the table for any pm_read values of 0 for that pm_user_id.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 piemaster

thanks you just saved me scrapping the project, any other ideas all tho that sounds like the easyest way to do it cheers kbannon:)

Advertisement