Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 12-12-2005 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

i took a pension out with my old employer as we had to. i had it for 6 years and all it amounted to was 2000 euro! anyway, i left my job over two years ago and dont work now. i have no idea if or when i will return to work. can i get my contributions back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

No I don't think that you can reclaim contributions.

Check out www.pensionsboard.ie for useful info, and also give your old employer a call and ask for a copy of the scheme rules (or see if you have them lying around somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ck1

Definately not I am afraid. Pre Finance Act 2002, contributions could be returned if employment ceased within 5 years however since 2002 the term was reduced to two years. These were the rules but could also be lowered within the scheme rules but not increased.

Advertisement