Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane signing for Real Madrid!

• 12-12-2005 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts? I have to say i was surprised he did this, i would have put my house on him going to Celtic but there you go!!! Suppose from his point of View 6 months in the sun is a nice way to end a career and apparently he was looking forward to Playing along side Beckham again (not sure how true that is)!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Hasn't been confirmed yet or has it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He hasnt actually signed for them yet AFAIK so thread a little premature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

According to Sky Sports News, Real Madrid have confirmed interest, but say nothing has been decided. Roy Keane's agent says he won't make a decision on his future until later on this week.

Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Steve_o wrote:
    Any thoughts? I have to say i was surprised he did this, i would have put my house on him going to Celtic but there you go!!! Suppose from his point of View 6 months in the sun is a nice way to end a career and apparently he was looking forward to Playing along side Beckham again (not sure how true that is)!!!!!
    source?

and don't say The Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

bazH wrote:
    source?

and don't say The Sun

Twas in Ireland on Sunday.....probably just as bad!!! Heard it thrown around the Radio aswell!!

The thread is a little premature but ye can post your opinions on the pro's and con's of him going to Madrid!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No irish player has ever been a Galactico only right our best ever player should get a game for them.

Not his biggest fan off the pitch but on it he will do a good job over there.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    No irish player has ever been a Galactico only right our best ever player should get a game for them.

kdjac

It'd be great to see an Irish man with Madrid alright!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

There were spanish papers yesterday saying that real have gone over and done a medical with him. I'd love to see him play with a big club but not real, he's only gonna get stuck on the bench along with gravesen. Barca have just lost xavi for the rest of the season, pity they didn't go for Keane for 6 months.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4519458.stm

Real Madrid say they are considering signing ex-Manchester United captain Roy Keane but have denied reports that he has already passed a medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

i can just picture him now giving ronaldo a rollicking for being to heavy and robinho for being too fancy:p

• Advertisement

He'll have some fun screaming at them if they don't speak english!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Looks as if its happening.......

But a 6 month deal???, with option for a further year. This is a good deal alright....for Real. I hope he is signed for 18month contract, Keane is good enough to play in Reals midfield maybe as a holding player like Makele, Essien etc.

As regards Keanes effect on the Galactico dressing room? sit back and watch the lighted touchpaper burn....
    :D
    cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I said it in the Roy Keane thread, and I'll say it again; I'd find it very surprising if Keane went to Madrid, I can't imagine him there! The team runs on personal image, individual stardom and celebrity status. The are undisciplined, lazy, and are everything Keane criticised his former team-mates for. He would give so many rollockings in that dressing room that his voice would go hoarse.
    Obviously it seems more likely now, but I still find it hard to imagine Keane in a Madrid shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Would love to see an Irishman in a Real jersey but whatt happened about him finishing his career at Celtic?? Will he go to Real and then play for Celtic for a while? Id love to see him playing in a Celtic Jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Where's Bannor when you need him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

id say he will end up at celtic the madrid thing is just romours in the papers of course every club is interested in him like wat a talent but cant c him moving his family to spain not even 4 the cash? wish he was still at old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

chiller wrote:
    wish he was still at old trafford

I think that sums it up really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Keane will not be playing for Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

[QUOTE=chillercant c him moving his family to spain not even 4 the cash? [/QUOTE]

Me too , I still think he will go to Everton or Bolton or one of the other clubs within commuting distance of home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

Too late, Chippy Brady has retired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Too late, Chippy Brady has retired.
    I think he meant the best football player ever, not Dunphy player :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

What's the world coming to.....if it happens- Madrid buying a player for what would appear to be non-marketing reasons!

You can't see Keano selling too many shirts or having too many Spanish ladies rushing out to stick his poster up on their walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

damienom wrote:
    What's the world coming to.....if it happens- Madrid buying a player for what would appear to be non-marketing reasons!

Think that says it all for the ability of the man. He is obviously viewed as highly abroad as he is here andin Britain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You can't see Keano selling too many shirts
    You would be surprised.
    Roy Keane is one of the most famous footballers in Asia.
    He sells bucket loads of jerseys there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Looks like he is off to celtic accordding to BBC

Advertisement