Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB audio

Options
  • 12-12-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Help, I have just bought an Alesis multimix usb mixer for some home recording (http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=37). My WinXP machine recognises it, but it is not receiving any sound. Control panel/sound and audio devices/properties/audio shows sound playback audio device USB Audio Codec and vol and advanced menus are accessable. However under "Sound recording" the default device is correct, (USB Audio codec), but the vol and advanced options are greyed out.
    Any ideas,
    dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I had a look at the online manual and it says that under Control Panel - Sounds etc. you should not have USB Audio Codec selected for Playback (only for recording). Try setting the playback option to your soundcard or whatever the alternative option is in the dropdown list.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

mordeith wrote:
    I had a look at the online manual and it says that under Control Panel - Sounds etc. you should not have USB Audio Codec selected for Playback (only for recording). Try setting the playback option to your soundcard or whatever the alternative option is in the dropdown list.

Thanks Mordeith
    it worked I missed that in the manual, (no surprise there),

thanks again
    Dave

Advertisement