Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden Gate, Delgany

Options
  • 12-12-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just wondering if anyone is/has moved into the Eden Gate development in Delgany or if anyone is willing to shed some light on the area/developmet?

Hoping to move there mid 06 and was hoping for a head-up on what goes on in and around the area.... pubs etc?

Also, any problems people may have had whilst moving in?

In fact, any reply will do! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Well, I've bought there, but not due to move in until May, havent heard of anyone else living there yet... :)

No comments?

Did you make it down to the launch of the 'Admiral' houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RDB

No, didnt make it to the launch of the Admiral, whats it like inside? for the price i wouldnt wanna be sat on land no bigger than a postage stamp, and with a view of the side of someones house! - but no doubt they'll sell!! :)

SO has anyone any news about Eden Gate, good or bad (although if its too bad im not sure i wanna know!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sebg

I've moved there about 2 months ago, seems fine; though absentee landlords, and letting agents who insist on being intermediaries whilst at the same time not displaying much of an interest in resolving even small issues - has made for a slightly difficult start. And thats not even to mention the incompetence of the property devlopers and key cutters when I needed a lost key replaced pronto. *grr*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AGM

segb... Property Developers are not in the business of replacing your keys when you lose them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HoleInOne

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you on another thread I've been involved in that relates back to Eden Gate. See Below........

I am due to move down to the Eden Gate development in Delgany soon and am in the process of researching my broadband options. The builders down there tell me that they have used a company called Broadworks to setup their TV connections, but that they also offer Sky and broadband. I've looked at their website, but it's fairly new and offers VERY little in the way of specifics.

Update: FYI - I contacted Broadworks directly - I was begining to fear that we may be contractually obliged to take their service due to management companies getting very Big Brother-ish about dishes etc. Apparently (according to Broadworks), if you want a cable service, you need to go through Broadworks, but satellite requirements can be still dealt with through Sky. I will be getting my solicitor to look at it before anything is signed. Has anyone seen a satelite dish down there? Maybe the management company are stopping them. If that's the case I won't back down on this issue - it would be a deal breaker in my eyes.

I have a dish, as do at least 4 of my immediate neighbours. Should be no problem. The developers after-sales service is second to none tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Delgany is in Wicklow...!!

Have seen a few dishes about so dont think its a problem at all, but let us know how you get on.

Does anyone know whats the latest on the shops etc at the front of the development? it seems to be taking ages to complete what looks to be a pretty simple building? - perhaps there having problems selling/letting the units???

• Advertisement

The units look pretty finished at this stage - no real tenants as yet tho, doesnt look like an operator for the creche has been secured yet either.

So... Can anyone give a heads up on any decent places to go for a drink in Greystones? - have only really ventured into the burnaby, and once in the Beach House, both seem ok. - What about the Wicklow Arms? any good?

Also, i heard that the Delgany Inn had been taken over and it was going to be made to look a bit more "user friendly"??? - anyone know anything?

BTW if anyone in Eden Gate heard some strange English fella wandering around a few nights ago calling out "Elvis?"...you wasnt hearing things... that was me! Elvis (our dog) had decided to take herself (yes Elvis is a she...long story) for a walk and got lost! - We found her in the end, she'd decided to run through someones house while they were putting their bins out and was in their back garden!!! Bloody dog! :)

Advertisement