Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A White 97 Evo Stolen from UCD Today, need help please!!!

Options
  • 12-12-2005 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

The car was taken at around 2 o clock today from the car park in UCD, it appears they knew what they were doing also, they opened up the hood to re fit cables etc. Once again its a white 97 Evo. If anybody spots it please contact me!!! Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

RedRaven wrote:
    The car was taken at around 2 o clock today from the car park in UCD, it appears they knew what they were doing also, they opened up the hood to re fit cables etc. Once again its a white 97 Evo. If anybody spots it please contact me!!! Thanks again.
    stinger man will look out but its prob on a container by now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Really sorry to hear that - F*cking scum bags! I hope you get it back mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

That really sucks mate. :(

Post on cruise-irl as well. And best of luck hunting for your motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

No way its on a container.its stolen to sell or to rally round in.
    Judging by what u said @they knew what they were doing@ i'd say it was to sell on but most likely its still around and will be sold on.
    Seen something similir on Octane.ie forum were a guys Alfa GT was stolen but was recoverd and had been sold to some guy with diff reg plates....
    and the car wasnt even made in the year on the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Horrible situation to be in. Fingers crossed it turns up safe.

No CCTV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Theres always hope for the guy anyway I was just trying to help him out by posting it here ya know, but lesson to be learned, lock your baby up good at all times!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ask the security in ucd.they mucst have cctv in the carparks.what carpark was it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Does it have white alloys (with silver rim) ?

Have seen such a '97 around my area just starting from about the time you started this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 xtreem

How about throwing up the reg. just in case any of us spot it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

Just saw this thread now. I had a '90 Nissan Bluebird Executive stolen from UCD Carpark in August and it still hasn't been recovered. Just in case anyone has seen it driving around it's a Wine/Maroon colour has BBS alloys and some bodykit like sideskirts etc.. Great car.

Only had the car for a month and again whoever stole it knew what they were doing as it had a trip switch installed. Reg was 90WX5267.

Whoever stole it had the cheek to crash into an old lady and give my insurance details a couple of weeks later!!

Best of luck finding your Evo'. Sorry to hear that happened. By the way UCD security although nice, were useless about it, no CCTV etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

moral of the story - got to DCU :D

hope you find your EVO.
    and a Nissan Bluebird!?!....man , havent seen one of them in ages !!! ill keep an eye out though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Only had the car for a month and again whoever stole it knew what they were doing as it had a trip switch installed. Reg was 90WX5267.

Whats that and how does it work sounds like a good way to protect a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

The trip switch was popular in the eighties i think some people call them isolator switches as well. It basically isolates the fuel from the engine (well this one does) so the effect would be that when someone tries to start the car the engine just turns over but doesn't start and the robber just thinks the car is broken and leaves it. I had my switch hidden under the carpet on the passenger side. Unfortunately it didn't work, I had an alarm too by the way. So whoeer robbed this car knew exactly what they were doing. They must have known my car was a wolf in sheeps clothing the only real giveaways that it was a sleeper was the exhaust and wheels.

Another popular diy security thing is a battery switch
    http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/battisol/battisol.html

Sounds interesting..Why not take the battery away with you? How many car thieves would have a battery with them? Ha Ha Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Sounds interesting..Why not take the battery away with you? How many car thieves would have a battery with them? Ha Ha Ha

You'd lose your radio codes

Would you not loose them with those isolator switches aswel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Would you not loose them with those isolator switches aswel?

the isolator switch just stops fuel getting to the engine !

Nope, im talking about the ones here that are for isolating the battery.
    as in here
    < http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c.../battisol.html >

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Nope, im talking about the ones here that are for isolating the battery.
    as in here
    < http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c.../battisol.html >

But the OP was talking about a switch that cuts off the fuel and not the battery.

Ok but I was talking about the battery isolator switch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement