Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Might get a new phone

• 12-12-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Hi the screen on my nokia 3210 is after getting all cracked so Im thinking of getting a new phone.
    However Im with meteor and am not due for an upgrade just yet.
    What happens if I buy a new phone with meteor now?
    Do I not get any free credit if I don't change my number?
    If I change my number and reregister do I get free credit?

Also is sagem myx5-2v a good phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

how can you have a 3210 and not be entitled to an upgrade :eek: unless you just joined them? if you stay with meteor and keep your number you don't get credit.

here's an idea: buy an o2 sim pack for €10 and port your number onto it. use up the €10 credit that you get with it, then buy the meteor phone and port back onto that. problem solved :) i'm pretty sure you can do that. someone correct me if i'm wrong

the myx5-2v is decent enough for the money but if you can stretch to it get the k700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

If you are not eligible for an upgrade you will have to pay what the remainder of your contract is. if you are out of contract scream bloody murder about changing over to another provider and they will soon give you the upgrade. these will only apply if you are under contract.
    if not just buy a new phone for the pay as you go price. you wont get it any less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Think OP's pay as you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

quinnd6 wrote:
    Do I not get any free credit if I don't change my number?

i think you might be right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Im not on a contract just pay as you go. Im not a big spender credit wise and the nokia 3210 was originally o2 and I unlocked it to meteor was using a siemens m35 before that and the battery went completely on it.

Anyway so your advice would be just buy a new phone from meteor and change my number and re register under my own name with a new number and then I can get the credit.

I heard the batterys not too good on the k700 and its also 50 euros more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i hate that meteor dont do upgrade packs.... u have to spend €240 i think to qualify for an upgrade

Advertisement