Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell it to me!

Options
  • 12-12-2005 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

So, it appears my iRiver H140 is broken for good, Ive sent it back to iRiver and if I get anything, it will be a H10 20 gb, which im not mad about.

Im looking for something 20-40 gb, big color screen, looks snazy and has plenty of features. Please dont reccomend me an ipod :)

Im thinking the iAudio X5. Looks quite nice but I dont know much about it, does anyone here have one ? Sell it to me!

My price limit would be around 300-350.

Comments

Why not go for a H300? My mate has one and its pretty slick. Plays videos and supports a goods few audio formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why not go for a H300? My mate has one and its pretty slick. Plays videos and supports a goods few audio formats.

You cant get them anymore. Also, after carrying around the H140 for so long I kind of want a smaller player. I would buy a H300 if I found one for a decent price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tusky wrote:
    Im thinking the iAudio X5. Looks quite nice but I dont know much about it,
    thats what I would get if my h120 broke. I would go for the xl5 with bigger battery. Go into peats for a fiddle on one, then buy it on ebay for under €300 delivered new. Some say they are a bit fiddly so I would want a go on one first.

rubadub wrote:
    thats what I would get if my h120 broke. I would go for the xl5 with bigger battery. Go into peats for a fiddle on one, then buy it on ebay for under €300 delivered new. Some say they are a bit fiddly so I would want a go on one first.

Yeah I'll have a go first. Im not really liking the hump...maybe im just picky but the hump looks fairly ugly.

clip_image001.jpg

Would I not be better off buying from somewhere other than ebay ? Can you reccomend a buyer ? The cheapest I could find it new(not on ebay) would be 350 euro or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Where did you send the Iriver to was it germany did you need an RMA number

• Advertisement

shltter wrote:
    Where did you send the Iriver to was it germany did you need an RMA number

sent it back to Germany. Didnt need an RMA number but needed to confirm I was sending it back to them by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I have the IAudio x5L, it's deadly, no id3 tags but battery life is great, sound quality is fantastic and it feels nice and solid in your hand. And it doesn't need any drivers or any recording software. A solid thumbs up from me.

Screen is okay for watching things like Family Guy, I haven't tried putting any non cartoon film on yet.

I for one love the hump too. The way a player looks doesn't really bother me as the thing spends most of its life in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

no id3 tags?
    Me no likey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Tusky wrote:
    sent it back to Germany. Didnt need an RMA number but needed to confirm I was sending it back to them by phone.

Hi tusky did you send it registered post and how much did it cost

shltter wrote:
    Hi tusky did you send it registered post and how much did it cost

yeah registered post...about 5 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

im getting one of these for xmas, im getting rid of my iriver h10 (Tusky i dont recomend it my h120 broke and i got this and i cant stand it).

Anyway whats this no id3 malarky on the iaudio? What does this mean? Is the player drag and drop? ie no need to run a crappy software problem and the album will go into the player and songs will play in order you have them in folder??

Whats it like for watchiong movies and stuff!?

Thanks for the help people!

PS i will be getting this in Peats (I still have a 60euro credit note i want to use), anyone know how much it is for the standard version?

im getting one of these for xmas, im getting rid of my iriver h10 (Tusky i dont recomend it my h120 broke and i got this and i cant stand it).

Anyway whats this no id3 malarky on the iaudio? What does this mean? Is the player drag and drop? ie no need to run a crappy software problem and the album will go into the player and songs will play in order you have them in folder??

Whats it like for watchiong movies and stuff!?

Thanks for the help people!

PS i will be getting this in Peats (I still have a 60euro credit note i want to use), anyone know how much it is for the standard version?

id tags dont bother me. Do a search on google to get a better description but basically...they are tags on mp3s that tells the player all the details about the file. song name, album title, album year etc etc.

Id imagine is crap for movies to be honest with you... small screen.

Im quite interested in this new creative zen...looks tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

The H340 is still for sale on mx2.co.uk, £250 sterling, and free shipping to Ireland. Cnet didn't give a great review to the X5.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

I was thinking of getting an iAudio X5, but the lack of ID3 would be a huge turn-off for me. How is the music arranged without it. Do you have to use folders like windows does? I presume this means you can't search by artist or album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Just bought 2 iAudio X5's over in NYC last week in b&hphotovideo.com. Bought a 30GB X5 for about €250 and a 60GB X5 for about €315 or so. They look great and they support pretty much everything that your iRiver did. One great feature is USB OTG (on-the-go) which lets you hook up certain digital cameras directly to your iAudio so you can download your pics. I'd say with firmware updates, this feature could be applied to other devices soon if not already. They're a good bit smaller and sleaker than the iRiver H140, which I also own. You can also get skins for them from http://www.zcover.com/

aaf wrote:
    Just bought 2 iAudio X5's over in NYC last week in b&hphotovideo.com. Bought a 30GB X5 for about €250 and a 60GB X5 for about €315 or so. They look great and they support pretty much everything that your iRiver did. One great feature is USB OTG (on-the-go) which lets you hook up certain digital cameras directly to your iAudio so you can download your pics. I'd say with firmware updates, this feature could be applied to other devices soon if not already. They're a good bit smaller and sleaker than the iRiver H140, which I also own. You can also get skins for them from http://www.zcover.com/

Looks like I'll be paying around 350 euro + for a 30 gig model :( you bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

There are ID3 tags on the iAudio X5, just no arrangement by ID3 database. So yes, it's files and folders like Windows. Not that much of a problem for me considering all my music is organised in folders already..

And they'll have new firmware with ID3 database support in the next few months anyway.

It's drag and drop though, which is great, no crappy software required :)

Id3 tags dont bother me as I dont use them for my music anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlist&kw=IAX520BL&cpncode=07-4114370-2&sku=380792&srccode=cii_13736960

I emailed the above store and they said they would have no problem marking the package as a gift....so that makes it very cheap.

What is the story with this though? Will customs demand money off me anyway!? I know the difference is that there will be an American power supply but this doesnt bother me...so should i go ahead and order??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

wet-paint wrote:
    The H340 is still for sale on mx2.co.uk, £250 sterling, and free shipping to Ireland. Cnet didn't give a great review to the X5.

8/10 from CNET who can be extremely critical IMO is very good. They mention a few bad points but I have never seen a review from them on any product that has no bad points. The average user rating is 8.5/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlist&kw=IAX520BL&cpncode=07-4114370-2&sku=380792&srccode=cii_13736960

I emailed the above store and they said they would have no problem marking the package as a gift....so that makes it very cheap.

What is the story with this though? Will customs demand money off me anyway!? I know the difference is that there will be an American power supply but this doesnt bother me...so should i go ahead and order??
    The AC adapter for the iAudio runs 110v-220v so you can use it in both the US and here without any mad power converters. You'll need to get a travel adapter though as it'll be an American two-pin AC adapter you'll get with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I have a H320 and have used an x5 as well. After everything I read about the x5 I was expecting it to be a big step up from the H300, but actually I'd put them both on a par. The X5 UI is better, although if you're already used to iRivers then you should have no poblem with the H300 UI either. The x5 has gapless and OTF playlists, but if you put rockbox on a h300 then you'll have all this and a lot more. The x5 is definately smaller and less bulky but this comes at the expense of having to use a subpack for the extra ports. The other difference I noted was that the x5 screen wasn't as good as the iRiver. Slightly smaller, and also much lower resolution from the looks of it. All in all though it's a great player and i'm sure you won't be dissapointed if you go for it.

I have a H320 and have used an x5 as well. After everything I read about the x5 I was expecting it to be a big step up from the H300, but actually I'd put them both on a par. The X5 UI is better, although if you're already used to iRivers then you should have no poblem with the H300 UI either. The x5 has gapless and OTF playlists, but if you put rockbox on a h300 then you'll have all this and a lot more. The x5 is definately smaller and less bulky but this comes at the expense of having to use a subpack for the extra ports. The other difference I noted was that the x5 screen wasn't as good as the iRiver. Slightly smaller, and also much lower resolution from the looks of it. All in all though it's a great player and i'm sure you won't be dissapointed if you go for it.

good review, thanks.

Advertisement