Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

w800i

• 12-12-2005 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one of these phones other than e-bay. i have tried to order one from England but with the conversion and p&p it was a ridiculous price. Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

carphone warehouse, 3g, meteor. fairly expensive though and the only difference between it and the k750 is the cover and the firmware. its exactly the same hardware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I know but i need it for my girlfriend. i work in a phone shop( i don't need to say which one as you have named the others already). i was told that there was none available anywhere, massive shortage because of its popularity in the uk. can you get it sim free in the carphone warehouse? and how much? i know it is expected to be about the €400 mark when it available. the really frustrating thing is that she only likes the phone for the colour. I have tried to convince her to go for the K750i but she won't and she says that she will wait for it to come out which i have been told is approx mid january

i dunno bout CPW but its a lot more than 400 in my shop, 500+. we have it in stock though so if you really want it pm me and ill tell you where i work.

get her a k750 and an orange cover :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I got one on Sunday in Carphone Warehouse for €179.. course that's on Meteor billpay (but it is only 25 quid a month!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

How do you find it. I'm thinking of switching from vodafone nokia 6630 to this on meteor.
    The W800 comes with 512mb card and adapter for proper headphones which I think justify the extra cost. There is also a flight mode so you can listen to music on the plance which you can't with K750

• Advertisement

richieg wrote:
    How do you find it. I'm thinking of switching from vodafone nokia 6630 to this on meteor.
    The W800 comes with 512mb card and adapter for proper headphones which I think justify the extra cost. There is also a flight mode so you can listen to music on the plance which you can't with K750

you can upgrade the firmware on the k750 to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

you can upgrade the firmware on the k750 to do that

Unless there's a new, recent firmware I haven't downloaded yet, the only way you can do it on the 750 is actually to "crossgrade" to the 800's firmware.

jc

bonkey wrote:
    Unless there's a new, recent firmware I haven't downloaded yet, the only way you can do it on the 750 is actually to "crossgrade" to the 800's firmware.

jc

that's what i meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

swalsh wrote:
    I know but i need it for my girlfriend. i work in a phone shop( i don't need to say which one as you have named the others already). i was told that there was none available anywhere, massive shortage because of its popularity in the uk. can you get it sim free in the carphone warehouse? and how much? i know it is expected to be about the €400 mark when it available. the really frustrating thing is that she only likes the phone for the colour. I have tried to convince her to go for the K750i but she won't and she says that she will wait for it to come out which i have been told is approx mid january
    wupah! man youre a sap with a wallet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Well she is my girlfriend of 5 years so for puttin up with me for that long she deserves a decent present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

richieg wrote:

Grand so far anyway.. Meteor is giving me a bit of jip though; got disconnected 6 times last night over the course of a 5 minute call. Very annoying and not the kind of experience I would have hoped for in my first week. The phone is great though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Did you contact meteor on the disconnections and was there any explanation?

Advertisement