Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El attd and viewing figures up

• 12-12-2005 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=332981

No **** sherlocks, yah reckon it being on the tv more than twice helped?
    he 24,521 attendance and the television audience for last Sunday’s FAI Carlsberg Cup Final brought the attendance and viewing figures to over 1.5 million for the senior domestic season just finished.

Figures just released show that last Sunday’s coverage by RTE Two of the Cup Final showed a rating of 4.7, peaking at 7.5 and a share of 21.9, peaking at 31.7. This gave an average viewing figure of 179,000, peaking at 285,000.

Total attendance figures for the season for the eircom League, FAI Carlsberg Cup, Setanta Cup, eircom League Cup and European Competitions are up by 6% to 520,000 with the Cork City v Derry City game on 18th November drawing the highest League attendance of just over 8,000.

A total of 44 games were shown live on television while a further three had a deferred broadcast giving viewing figures of just over 1 million throughout the season. The highest peak viewing at 355,000 was for the final eircom League game of the season between Cork City and Derry City while last Sunday’s FAI Carlsberg Cup Final drew the highest peak viewing for the Cup of 285,000.

By my count im 24 of that 1.5 million, how many are you :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The Rest!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

In or around 24 too here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC wrote:
    http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=332981

By my count im 24 of that 1.5 million, how many are you :D

kdjac

Whatever all of the games that wearen't on Setanta = -1/2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

id say im up around the 20 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

20 plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

blu_sonic wrote:
    20 plus
    Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

all in all it is a fooking great thing, i'm proud to say i got 3 people into rovers last year who otherwise detested EL and loved the epl/spl 2 of which now shun those leagues and are really into the whole EL scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If 520,000 'people' have attended matches that means with my 25 or so games that I make up one of about say 30,000 or so Irish football fans who supported their domestic league this season.

That is frankly shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Assuming each person attends 25 games, thats less than 21000 people. I guess 19000 of them are from Cork, or so they'd have us believe! ;)

Advertisement