Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing MamboServer

Options
  • 12-12-2005 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭

Hi, is there anyone here that has installed MamboServer? I have being trying all day to get it installed with Apache Tomcat, MySQL and PHP but I am having no luck in getting it working at all.
    I have never really used any webserver type programs or Content Managment Systems before so I would need a fairly basic (foolproof) guide in getting it up and working.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You talking about the Mambo CMS?

Fairly straightforward as I recall. What problems are you having? Any error messages or the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Yea its http://www.mamboserver.com, is there any sort of a setup.exe file for it or how do you install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Where exactly are you failing?
    Please specify exactly: PHP, MySQL, and Apache (Tomcat...uh..) version

http://help.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=15&id=99&Itemid=70

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

digiman wrote:
    Hi, is there anyone here that has installed MamboServer? I have being trying all day to get it installed with Apache Tomcat
    Now, I've never heard of Mambo before, but if it's PHP driven, that's probably the issue right there. Try Apache or one of the Apache/PHP bundled servers (forget names right now).

I have Apache Tomcat 5.5, MySQL 5.0 and I am unsure if I have PHP 4 installed. I am not to sure if PHP is installed correctly, how can I test this?

I have the MamboServer downloaded but there is no setup.exe in the zipped folder, the 1 that I downloaded is "MamboV4.5.3.zip", do I also need "MamboV4.5.3.tar.gz" as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

digiman wrote:
    I have Apache Tomcat 5.5, MySQL 5.0 and I am unsure if I have PHP 4 installed. I am not to sure if PHP is installed correctly, how can I test this?

I have the MamboServer downloaded but there is no setup.exe in the zipped folder, the 1 that I downloaded is "MamboV4.5.3.zip", do I also need "MamboV4.5.3.tar.gz" as well?

1.Mamboserver is the website ... MAMBO is the CMS (that you are trying to install)
    2. I suggest you use easyphp.org , its one install for apache php and mysql ... at least when you install that you will know everything is supposed to work!
    3. unzip MAMBO into the web root and then call it from the browser... you will be stepped through the install process then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

Mambo server should run on windows without anything else installed.

It's a large file aboute 19 MB, it will install PHP, MySQL and a deployment of Mambo CMS (ready to run) on any windows machine, very handy if you're running a one site server.

Just double click the .exe file

Mambo server should run on windows without anything else installed.

It's a large file aboute 19 MB, it will install PHP, MySQL and a deployment of Mambo CMS (ready to run) on any windows machine, very handy if you're running a one site server.

Just double click the .exe file

Do you have a link where I can download this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Arch-Stanton

Have a look for MSAS (Mambo Stand Alone Server) here’s a link to download the installer http://www.mambosolutions.com/content/view/13/59/

Also try JSAS (Joomla Stand Alone Server) http://jsas.joomlasolutions.com/

The JSAS is probably more up to date.

Thanks for all the help lads, turns out that it was easy enough to install, I never knew that you had to actually copy the unzipped mambo installation to the web folder inside apache. Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement