Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present

Options
  • 12-12-2005 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Looking to get someone a birthday present who loves shooting

is it possible to get a few hours at a range they have a rifle but would they be able to try fullbore or pistol.

or any other suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

Im sure you are involved in the shooting sports yourself and probably a member of a club with a range.
    Why not try the range you use. If that is not possible your next best bet would be to contact the S.S.A.I who have several clubs with ranges affiliated to it.
    If you fail there, try the Midlands Range.

Let us know how you get on, I would be very interested to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

i hunt an have 2 guns but im not a member of any clubs. Ill try the midlands range do they have club guns that could be used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

do they have club guns that could be used

Yes..!
    But only .22 and the proposed shooter must be over 16 at the moment.
    Things may change in the future in light of recent sections re training licences in the new CJB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

There's a place in Kilkenny that has a type of Leisure activity place with Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Rifle Range stuff. (Also Go Karting)

Was at a stag last year, and we did that stuff during the day, was excellent.

yeah walshes more looking for fullbore and pistol shooting if its possible appears not to be unless someone i knew would let me use there guns if i was there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I can organise a days pistol in Northern Ireland if you are interested!

to far if there was someone in one of the leinster clubs that would be willing to give the sue of their pistol or rifle but i think thats a bit risky would have to be someone recommended by a few people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Problem is ...!

Your asking people to consent to doing something illegal , by allowing anyone
    but the licence holder for a firearm ..to use it.!

Both the owner and the user could lose all their firearms by confiscation, face a fine / prison sentence and any chance of licencing another firearm again.

A lot to ask for a birthday present really. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

try hilltop quads in newtownmountkennedy. club guns available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Try Courtlough for all aspects of shotgun target, .22 rifle, air-rifle, paint-ball, archery, great steaks and pints! All visitors legally entitled to use their club guns under supervision.
    That seems like a more hassle free option to give your friend a good introduction to many aspects of shooting in a safe and controlled professional environment.

• Advertisement

courtlough sounds good ill go see if i can find any info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BRUNO.22

benhurt1 wrote:
    try hilltop quads in newtownmountkennedy. club guns available.

IM HOPING TO GET THE LICENSE FOR MY .22 BRNO SOON..AND WILL BE LOOKING FOR A CLUB TO JOIN..WOULD YOU RECOMMEND HILLTOP??

Advertisement