Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback are awesome!

• 12-12-2005 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

anyone here also a huge nickelback fan? i think they are just awesome and i really really hope they come to dublin for a concert, they haven't announced there european tour dates yet but i really hope they come

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭the cat

Why would anyone pay to go see a band that will send them into a very deep sleep due to extreme boredom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I agree with the original poster, Nickelback are great. they played in the point in 2003 on the back of silver side up and the last time they played in europe was a one off date in london last october or something. the bands official website says this is the latest US Touring Bill, but this will prob extend to the summer

FEB 13, 2006 - GRAND RAPIDS, MI
    FEB 11, 2006 - PEORIA, IL
    FEB 10, 2006 - OMAHA, NE
    FEB 08, 2006 - LOS ANGELES, CA
    FEB O6, 2006 - FT. WAYNE, IN
    FEB 04, 2006 - DES MOINES, IA
    FEB 03, 2006 - MADISON, WI
    FEB 02, 2006 - GREEN BAY, WI
    JAN 31, 2006 - FARGO, ND
    JAN 30, 2006 - DULUTH, MN

then, maybe, europe....but they didnt tour 'The Long Road' here so i dunno

Good Rock band though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

the cat wrote:
    Why would anyone pay to go see a band that will send them into a very deep sleep due to extreme boredom?
    Ah sure it's hard to get a good lullaby these days :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

While I wouldn't call them awesome, I must admit I like them, wouldn't say a bad word about them in any case.

And also, all these people who moan about them being crap, I've caught several of them saying "I like this song" without thinking when "Hero" or "How you remind me" comes on the radio or a music channel. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Horrible KFC music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Yeah they're a great band, I keep meaning to buy one of their CDs. Kroeger has a brilliant voice.
    Wtf is KFC music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yeah they're a great band, I keep meaning to buy one of their CDs. Kroeger has a brilliant voice.
    Wtf is KFC music?
    music you'd hear in KFC?

have to say, they're one band that i can't understand. they're very middle of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They're nothing special, really, although they do put on a pleasent enough live performance.

Nickleback and their creed are doing to music what KFC does to chickens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

At least unlike most 'rock' bands these days, Nickelback and Creed sell records, isnt that the whole point of music?

Im sick of people saying what they like, and they have, about Nickelback and Creed and to a lesser extent Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge for example could of been just as big as Velvet Revolver in the US in terms of sales with the right marketing. VR are a great band, so are Alter Bridge, and they both were formed from the ashes of original multi million selling projects only be called crap and useless and talentless and 'missing something'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

At least unlike most 'rock' bands these days, Nickelback and Creed sell records, isnt that the whole point of music?

Why yes, that's exactly the point of music. If you're some corporate mogul who puts dollar signs on everything, and couldn't care less about creating art, but just hungry for the next dollar, or the next money-making venture.

But for anyone else who actually enjoys the music for what it is, it is first and foremost Art and Expression. In my estimation music is one of the greatest artforms, and I think it's fantastic that the musicians can actually make a living off it, but like everything else in this world it is abused by those who are only after money.

So yeah, music is all about the money... If you reduce and belittle the reasons of every single musician the world over to a cheap money making venture. Not everyone in music is a gob****e like Loius Walsh.
    Im sick of people saying what they like, and they have, about Nickelback and Creed and to a lesser extent Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge for example could of been just as big as Velvet Revolver in the US in terms of sales with the right marketing. VR are a great band, so are Alter Bridge, and they both were formed from the ashes of original multi million selling projects only be called crap and useless and talentless and 'missing something'

Oh you're sick of people having an opinion are you? Quite frankly, this is a discussion board, and people will have their opinions, and will say what they like about any band in question reguardless of whether you're sick of it or not. And if you don't like it, there's nobody forcing you to post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you're opinion is nill to me. never talk music with me and waffle on about the damn money involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, I've always had a soft spot for Nickelback tbh, however I'm fully aware they are mainstream orientated and hence I doubt you'd ever see me going \m/ :mad: \m/ at them or anything....

Creed on the other hand, I really liked and have always had respect for them. They had an AWFUL amount of **** thrown at them throughout their existence and much of it was unwarranted imho. Then again, as KH already said, everyones entitled to their opinion. My only issue was with much of the unwarranted criticism, such as calling them sellouts regardless of the fact that they first of all went through the whole thing of releasing their own album independently, choosing to sign with the at-the-time bandless startup label Wind-Up and then touring the US doing radio shows, small time venues etc.. and buiding up their fanbase from there. It was only when they really hit the big time and started selling records in the millions that they attracted the usual bile from the critics...

That said however, I could never really stand Stapp as a frontman, his whole persona both onstage and off sickened me and I hated what he did to the band. Hence when Alter Bridge came out it was like a godsend, better guitar out of Tremonti and fantastic new lead singer in the form of Myles Kennedy, couldnt get better for me in that genre tbh.

Oh and just to clear something up, when were AB or VR for that matter ever called "crap and useless and talentless and 'missing something'". Tbh, I havnt heard the entire VR album but from the songs I have heard I enjoyed it. Alter Bridge are one of my fave bands and One Day Remains or at least a few tracks from it are still played nearly every day in my apartment.

Dude, i didnt mean Creed the band, read my post again. On a side note, while i never liked Creed, i think Alter bridge is decent, and ive always said: Mark Tremonti is a SAVAGE guitar player. Mark Tremonti is a SAVAGE guitar player. That needed to be said twice :D

Edit: "At least unlike most 'rock' bands these days, Nickelback and Creed sell records, isnt that the whole point of music?" For shame....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Why yes, that's exactly the point of music. If you're some corporate mogul who puts dollar signs on everything, and couldn't care less about creating art, but just hungry for the next dollar, or the next money-making venture.

But for anyone else who actually enjoys the music for what it is, it is first and foremost Art and Expression. In my estimation music is one of the greatest artforms, and I think it's fantastic that the musicians can actually make a living off it, but like everything else in this world it is abused by those who are only after money.

So yeah, music is all about the money... If you reduce and belittle the reasons of every single musician the world over to a cheap money making venture. Not everyone in music is a gob****e like Loius Walsh.

Oh you're sick of people having an opinion are you? Quite frankly, this is a discussion board, and people will have their opinions, and will say what they like about any band in question reguardless of whether you're sick of it or not. And if you don't like it, there's nobody forcing you to post here.

<3 I want your babbies.

Rozie wrote:
    <3 I want your babbies.
    Back of the line, bi-atch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

I love them to bits
    If I was to dictate the playline
    Animals
    Savin' Me
    Photograph
    Someday
    Never Again
    Too Bad
    Fly
    Good Times Gone
    Because Of You
    How You Remind Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Don't like them. Just felt that Hero song, imo was too damn cheesy:mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm not saying Nickleback are really sh!t but.....I don't know how to finish this sentence.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I'm not saying Nickleback are really sh!t but.....I don't know how to finish this sentence.

Hmm, so you want someone to finish that for you? Lazy bugger. Alright so, here goes...

I'm not saying Nickleback are really sh!t but, if they were floating in my toilet, I'd flush them in a second.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, so, SO bland it actually makes baby Jesus cry (and it's Christmas after all folks). They're shockingly bad. Nothing to even consider talking about, 1 hit wonder - let's not forget that Heroes (hey, I nearly put in Herpes as a typo - teeheehee) was not a Nickelback song.

When the revolution comes, a Hero will not come and save Chad whasisface...

[edit]Nice to see you're finally getting some poontang Ken ;)

Ban that Motley Crue muppet on principal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Sorry folks, but Chad can right a decent tune.......any day now he will right a decent song!

Kharn wrote:
    [edit]Nice to see you're finally getting some poontang Ken ;)

Did I actually mention, or hint at that, or did you just pick it up from the general vibe of my posts? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Liam90 wrote:
    anyone here also a huge nickelback fan? i think they are just awesome and i really really hope they come to dublin for a concert, they haven't announced there european tour dates yet but i really hope they come

HA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can't stand Nickelback... one-hit wonders with a horribly overplayed hit... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Nickleback have a great sound, but plebeian and formulaic songwriting. Since they're going the pop/cash route, they need to find themselves a Desmond Child or a Peter Sinfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Well Faceless Man you know my opinion on the subject and I'm not going to say you're wrong (but we all know you are!) but unfortunately you're influencing innocent people so.......Creed were terrible. I don't care how "incredible" your guitar playing is (even if it is just for the sake of it and not for the music produced), if you sing lyrics that are hollow and do not mean something to you then the music is soulless (obviously comedy records do not apply to this!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nickelback arent my cup of tea at all,apart from sounding totally unoriginal and bland,they do seem a little contrived.

Having said that,I was never so glad to see a band walk on stage as when they did one year when I was bored to tears at Slane.I`d already had to sit/stand through the likes of Doves etc which was pure torture,the audience were falling asleep.

At least when Nickelback came onstage:eek: the audience paid attention.Loud guitars,flash bombs,expletives.It may have been contrived,it may have been cheesy,but on that day it was like manna from heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Advertisement