Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback are awesome!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

TheVan wrote:
    Well Faceless Man you know my opinion on the subject and I'm not going to say you're wrong (but we all know you are!) but unfortunately you're influencing innocent people so.......Creed were terrible. I don't care how "incredible" your guitar playing is (even if it is just for the sake of it and not for the music produced), if you sing lyrics that are hollow and do not mean something to you then the music is soulless (obviously comedy records do not apply to this!)
    Alterbridge aren't though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

JC 2K3 wrote:

Well that's nothing new, but it does well illustrate for people who don't realise such things. That said, it's hardly like Nickleback are alone in this, because a lot of mainstream music today sticks very rigidly to a set "Pop music" pattern. All the versus are in the same place, always a big chorus, even any bridge is usually in the exact same place, no matter what the song. You could sync up pretty much any mainstream song and you could probably find them versus and chorus intersecting at exactly the same time.

All mainstream music is this pathetic.

Nice to hear Porcupine Tree at the end of that little interview though. Makes quite a point doesn't it? Personally though, I just don't listen to music that follows the aforementioned pop music structure/pattern, as it will always sound like the exact same song. For me, a song should have it's own structure, and follow a path of it's own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Uh oh, Cannibal Corpse could be next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Nickelback - Best Band Ever

Advertisement