Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitrotech cars?

Options
  • 12-12-2005 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with Nitrotech/Team Infinity Cars. AKA ACME Nitro cars?
    A friend of mine is thinking of buying one for her husband for christmas, and I have to say they look PRETTY cheap on the site, because apparently the guy doesn't actually have a shop, he runs things from his house, so no real overheads. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, the look pretty cool I have to say and the guy says he has the spares.
    I was trying to get an unbiased opinion :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

BTW it's Nitrotek not Nitrotech. Here is the linkwww.nitrotek.co.uk

Man, I don't know. It's cheap ok like £130 (approx. €200) for a nitro 1/10 scale, but my motto is always this: "You pay cheap - you get cheap"

I would rather dish out a couple of €€€ more and get something that is proven and has backup, parts, FAQ/How-To links etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My sentiments exactly, but time will tell:-) Apparently he charges less because he doesn't have overheads ... but time WILL tell.
    Incidetally I was going to post the url here but I didn't want to advertise heh so pardon my dodgy spelling ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

By the nature of them www.ebay.com and www.towerhobbies.com also don't have the normal overheads that "real" shops have.

totally

My mate came over with his Condor pro from Nitrotek tonight we ran a few tanks through the engine at idle speed stopping it every 5 minutes and letting it cool down before restarting and repeating again. Engine ran like a dream after a few minor adjustments on the first tank of fuel she ticked over like a cat purring ! without cutting out at all unless running out of fuel or being stopped by us.
    Pretty impressive I have to say.
    I feel like ordering one now

• Advertisement
Advertisement