Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reguest

Options
  • 12-12-2005 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Welcome.
    I have a reguest.
    COuld someone give me some advices how to find good type of school suitable for 17,15 and 14 years old children?

Thanks in advance

(We are living in Poland now but we wanna move to Ireland)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

No problem. What part of the North East are you thinking of moving to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

i would just say send them to any secondary school but maybe you are looking for particular religious or same sex schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Beaufort College
    Girls and boys
    Loads of poles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

To tell you the truth, I think the best school to go to in Navan is ST. Pats. It is a boy's only school, but the teachers are excellent in it. If you kids want to leard they will do really well in Pats. The school has a strong anti-bullying policy, so there are no worries there. There are a few polish people in the school, all of which are very desent people, well actually the majority of people that go to the school are very nice people.
    The only thing is that you would want to get your name down quick because places are going quick.

St Pats is a nightmare for non national people.
    Its way to strict for newcomers.
    Beaufort College has as many foreigners as nationals.
    Loads of poles, boys girls the lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nobis

I will be living in Drogheda. Could you give me some best for us schools adresses or links?
    I am not looking for religious or same sex schools. I am just looking for the most suitable school for them.

Drogheda is too far for a school in Navan anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

DROGHEDA SCHOOLS

I am not from Drogheda so i dont know much about them. I presume these are all secondary schools.

Christian Brothers
    Telephone: 041-9837232, 041-9833000

Drogheda Grammar School
    Telephone: 041-9838281, 041-9838019

St Laurences Community College
    Telephone: 041-9837105

St Olivers Community College
    Telephone: 041-9838515, 041-9838390

Our Ladys College
    Telephone: 041-9831786, 041-9832809

The Sacred Heart School
    Telephone: 041-9837812

They (children) can also attend to schools in or other cities, towns 30km away from Drogheda, so I please for some details of those schools. I also would like to thank you for all replies:) Particularly for telephone numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

To tell you the truth, I think the best school to go to in Navan is ST. Pats.........the teachers are excellent in it..

:D hehe good wan...

• Advertisement

I have one more question.
    How education system looks in Ireland? Is it similiar to UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Not really Nobis

At age 15/16 kids do a set of exams called the junior certificate. In days gone by this had value in the workplace but now its really an indicator as to how they are getting on. At 17/18 they do a leaving cert which is usually seven subjects, English, Irish, Maths and four others. These are taken into account for further education, eg University. You need to check what exemptions your kids will be entitled to eg They wont have to do Irish I hope!!

Its possible to do the UK system of A levels in Ireland but I dont knwo much about it. I know you can do them in Newry but that is maybe to far for you.

Advertisement