Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tracking?

Options
  • 12-12-2005 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads is there any companys out there that do the car tracking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Any decent tyre place or garage will do it. Cost usually around 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

most places charge about 40 as far as i know...

takes about an hour... maybe less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

are you sure blahblah's talkin about wheel tracking.is he not talking about car tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

car tracking? you mean like a tracking device to tell you where abouts a car is? :) never thought of that..

whenever i hear tracking i think of 4 wheel alignment... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Ask the Minister for Justice ... he can read out your phone records in the Dail and tell you where you were!! :D

I believe there is a system in the States called Lo-Jack that I understand is also operated in the UK. It allows police cars to track stolen cars.

There are also a number of companies that provide tracking services (satellite and mobile phone based) for commercial fleets .

Have a look at www.aircoach.ie and you can see the live position of all their buses (Click on live position).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Techstore in Maynooth fit tracking devices.
    Check with your insurance company if they recommend any manufacturers also.

Incidentally, I thought of wheel alignment at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

sorry lads ye i meant car tracking not the wheel thing ha ha

i had a look at techstore thanks. seems a bit expensive ?

blahblah i knew you were asking car tracking devices as wheel trackingcan be done at every fastfit,advance pitstop:D

what car are you going to put the device on.my uncle has it on his s500, he needed it for insurance purposes,but its really cool as you can switch the car off by your mobile fone.i donot know where he got it from.next time i see him i will ask him ok.i think he was telling me before it cost him something like 3000 euro:eek: .thats alot to spend on a device

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you do get a tracker fitted, make sure you inform your insurance company - they should give you some kind of discount as it is more likely to be recovered if stolen.

• Advertisement

well its going into a new astra gtc. i have about 700 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 alanbucko

What about one of these

Even though they're sold in the UK, they'll work in Ireland.

this crowd in sandyford do vechile tracking.check them out

http://www.commercialwireless.ie/products/vehicletracking/index.shtml

Advertisement