Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a business

Options
  • 12-12-2005 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have set up a business and have no clue at all how to register my name and business.

I checked out a form i had to fill out and i was asked for my DX number, I dont understand what that means.
    Is there anyone who can help me to do the right stuff,i just want to have business and name registered so that i can be legal and is there anything else i have to do??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

I have set up a business and have no clue at all how to register my name and business.

I checked out a form i had to fill out and i was asked for my DX number, I dont understand what that means.
    Is there anyone who can help me to do the right stuff,i just want to have business and name registered so that i can be legal and is there anything else i have to do??

Thanks in advance

DX number is document exchange number (where ever I have come across it) its a office use'd to be beside the Davenport hotel (probably loads of them) where there is a room full of post boxes with numbers corrresponding to different companies.

Just leave it blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ozzy_webster

thanks! and do you know anything specifically about the forms and stuff i have to fill out? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Check out the CRO website - they have the details there. You have to register with them. They are the Company Registration Office and you can do it online.

Basically, you have two options - sole trader or a limited company. Starting off, it may make sense to go as a sole trader (get professional advice - it depends on your circumstances).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 supersaint2005

The DX number is like a post code that solicitors use - Don't worry about it. Judging by your e-mail you as well registering as a sole trader. you can do a business name on-line at the CRO website www.cro.ie or get an accountant or a company formation company to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

You have probably heard it ad nauseum but you don't need to get a RBN from the CRO if you trade as John Smith or Smith

That said it would add legitimacy to any invoice that you issue if you had a RBN # at the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement