Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Milans, a snake and Liverpool

• 12-12-2005 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/images/misc/inter313233.jpg

Some wounds had a nasty amount of freshly milled salt rubbed in, in the Milan derby.

3-1, 3-2, 3-3, a big funny picture of Jerzy Dudek. All fairly easy to follow

But does anyone know what the snake wrapped round the goalpost represents?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/images/misc/inter313233.jpg

Some wounds had a nasty amount of freshly milled salt rubbed in, in the Milan derby.

3-1, 3-2, 3-3, a big funny picture of Jerzy Dudek. All fairly easy to follow

But does anyone know what the snake wrapped round the goalpost represents?

Shevshenko missing that sitter.................:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

classic :)

inter fans have alot of free time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The snake is in the colours of Inter. Maybe they're trying to claim the credit in charming Dudeks goal or something?
    That display is very small time of Inters Ultras and not befitting of a great club. Whens the last time they were in the European Cup final, let alone won one? But no doubt it would have riled the Milan players up and it did no harm judging by the final score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Italians are mad for their banners.

I remember one time Roma had a massive one prepared saying "Roma, only the sky is bigger than you" and Lazio hear about it in advance and made one saying "And the sky is blue and white..."

Brilliant, I love it. When they aren't having matches abandoned by throwing flares and all sorts onto the pitch they are the best fans in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

el rabitos wrote:
    classic :)

inter fans have alot of free time

Well they've had a few free midweek nights in front of the tv this season to do their art project.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Italians are mad for their banners.

I remember one time Roma had a massive one prepared saying "Roma, only the sky is bigger than you" and Lazio hear about it in advance and made one saying "And the sky is blue and white..."

Brilliant, I love it. When they aren't having matches abandoned by throwing flares and all sorts onto the pitch they are the best fans in the world.

Absolutley, nothing better than seeing a couple of ultras groups put on a display so long as you don't get all of that flare throwing crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Haha Nerrazurri, thanks for rubbing salt into the wounds again. :( As for yesterdays match, I thought that Milan played very well from the 30th minute on and would certainly have won if:
    (a) They could actually defend set pieces, and
    (b) The defence hadn't declined in quality so rapidly.

Ah well, let Inter have their win. Juve have Serie A wrapped up unless they collapse, and that doesn't look likely at this stage. At least Milan can concentrate on Europe now. Not that any cups will return to the Milan trophy cabinet with the way they're leaking goals this season. :rolleyes:
    Nunu wrote:
    The snake is in the colours of Inter. Maybe they're trying to claim the credit in charming Dudeks goal or something?
    Yep, the blue and black snake is a symbol of Inter. I remember seeing a banner held up by the Milan Ultras (the Fossa Dei Leoni) of a devil crushing a blue and black snake underneath his hoof. I liked that one! :-p

This banner was present at a Milan Derby last year, shortly after "The Scream" was stolen in fact. I came across a website about the Fossa's many displays at Milan matches. If I find the URL again, I'll post it here. Plenty of impressive pictures on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

^That display is sensational.

I remember Barca had something like that against Chelsea a few years back in the CL (semi final?). I think it read "3-0" or something, basically the scoreline they had to win by, and then when the pieces of paper (or whatever they were holding up) were flipped over it showed a Barca flag.

It's sensational the amount of effort these clubs put into these things. How do they test them out???

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I remember Barca had something like that against Chelsea a few years back in the CL (semi final?). I think it read "3-0" or something, basically the scoreline they had to win by, and then when the pieces of paper (or whatever they were holding up) were flipped over it showed a Barca flag.

It's sensational the amount of effort these clubs put into these things. How do they test them out???
    I was actually telling my wife about that Barca display yesterday. I remember when the teams walked out onto the pitch, the fans held up "2-0" on golden pieces of paper in front of a blue and red background. When Barca scored the opener, the fans repeated this display while Chelsea re-started the match. Same thing happened when Barca doubled their lead, which showed how much co-ordination went into the whole display. Well, that's how I remember it anyway!
    PS: Barca only had to win 2-0 as they lost 3-1 in Stamford Bridge.

I think they must have big meetings to plan it out. The Ultra element is very large and strong in Italian football. When they perform displays like yesterdays, the game is better for their presence. On the other hand, when they are showering the pitch with flares.......

Well I guess the Fossa Dei Leoni won't be performing any more huge displays. They've disbanded after 37 years! :eek:

From Channel 4 (17th November 2005):
    One of the oldest and most renowned of Milan’s organised supporter’s clubs, the Lions’ Den, has been disbanded.

Following a series of protests about the conduct of certain ‘group leaders’ after the Milan-Juve match on October 29, the decision was made to dissolve the party on Tuesday night.

The news will come as a blow to Milan fans, for whom The Lions’ Den was an integral part of their team’s legendary vocal support in the Curva Sud end of the San Siro.

Formed in 1968 – the year of Milan’s ninth Scudetto win - the Lion’s Den became one of the most famous Ultras groups in Italian football and an integral part of the history of the Rossoneri.

But of late their attitude had became increasingly aggressive and culminated in the ‘War of the Utras’ against Juve’s ‘Vikings’, which took the form of outbreaks of violence at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium last month.

"That match caused problems and situations that shouldn’t occur in ‘our’ world, in the world of the Ultras," explained Giancarlo Capelli, leader of another of the club’s Ultras group - ‘The Rossoneri Brigade’.

"The dissolution of that group came as a result of a whole series of increasingly negative situations," he continued. "It’s a shame because they had been around for 37 years."

With Italy looking to solve their occasional episodes of football violence ahead of the 2012 European Championships, which they are hoping to host, the disbanding of the Lions’ Den will be seen as a positive step by UEFA.

Capelli was at pains to point out that, despite the demise of one group of Ultras, the show will nevertheless go on.

"The Curva will go on all the same," he confirmed. "There are other Ultras groups and everybody is welcome in the Curva Sud.

"The Rossoneri Brigade and other fan bases in the Curva Sud will always be there and in fact we will be more united than before, although I fully understand the sadness and regret that people are feeling at the moment. I feel very low and bitter myself."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Stekelly wrote:
    Well they've had a few free midweek nights in front of the tv this season to do their art project.:D
    lol :D
    good 'un!

Amazing stuff! That's gonna do more that any hand gesture could.
    Would be class to see something like that in the Premiership.
    Could image the opposition for Liverpool having a HUGE poster of a goal covering their goal end with "I still bet you miss Crouch".... (before last weekend of course ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

brilliant display and they certainly put a lot of time and effort into making it:D

Advertisement