Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SU Xmas Party.

• 13-12-2005 1:12am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Its a rock themed night. G'n'R, Chilli Peppers Tribute Bands.

Shaping up good from what I can tell, I am thinkin' its a good send off for the end of the year!

Peoples should go and get merry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

what fantastic bands......... count me out. Although I probably will end up going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i have no money!! probably wouldn't go even if i did. tribute bands aren't really my thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Will be going, although I think the bands are crap. Just for a night out after projects etc

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Jesus people. The bands are only half the battle, and they'll probably do a great job!

It's XMAS ffs! Wear a santa hat and cheer the fu<k UP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Don't forget Bon Jovi! Hah, its a pure cock rock night, should be great craic, trying to get my mates to go but theres just so much ****in apathy around these days, makes me bloody sick...:(

• Advertisement

People in Guns and Roses or Bon Jovi tribute bands don't exactly seem to be the kind of people who will bring fun to a Christmas party. It will very much be a case of having a good time in spite of them. What would've been wrong with some cover groups that aren't as likely to see this as a serious musical appreciation night?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Cuz then ppl would have complained that there were "cover bands"...

Unless its big generator or something, it wont make many waves.

I feel sorry for the SU, it's a feckin' hard job.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Jesjes wrote:

Unless its big generator or something, it wont make many waves.

I feel sorry for the SU, it's a feckin' hard job.
    Yeah, but pity never filled a stadium.

Except for Live Aid....

...and Live8

... ¬_¬

...shut up, I hate you.

Jesjes wrote:
    What I meant by cover groups was tribute bands in that context. And I prefer a general covers group to tribute bands. What's the point of a tribute band, especially for a generic event like the Christmas Ball? Any covers band that could knock out a couple of old reliables and the occasional Christmas gem would make for a far better night. I don't really see 'Con Jovi' knocking out Fairytale of New York at the end of the night

Aw, taht'd be brill.

Ya never know!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

**** Covers. *****!

Ever the elequent.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Dregin's like a caged beast, snarling, clawing, gnashing his sharpened, white teeth; a feral glint in his wild eyes.

No woman can tame his golden mane.

Listen, as bad it may sound, you have to be able to appeal to the masses and the masses like tunes they know hence its always good to have a balance between covers and original material. The theme of the Christmas Ball however seems to be cock rock hence they chose the bands that they did. I mean tbh how hasnt jumped to the likes of Livin' On A Prayer or Sweet Child Of Mine when they're drunk? (Dregin is excluded from that one :D )

Classic Songs to be honest!

Degster totally cut his mane off... dontcha know.
    Hi Everyone,

The Christmas Ball is happening tonight in the Hub. Forget about your
    assigmnents (until tomorrow!) and come along to the party. Tickets are
    only €8 and you can get them from the SU Reception up until 5pm today.
    Tickets will also be available at the door but I strongly recommend
    buying them in advance if you want to avoid queues tonight.

For your €8 you will be greeted by one of Santas Little Helpers who will
    present you with mulled wine and mince pies upon arrival and the chance
    to visit Santa in his grotto. If you've been good you can sit on his
    knee, get your photo taken then go off and be as naughty as you want!

Bands for the night include our favuorite tribute acts Con Jovi, Blood
    Sugar and G n R. Dj's will also be playing later in the night.

See you there,
    Sarah

PS. Class Reps go free if when they buy 5 tickets for friends

I am so going for the wine and Santa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Mulled wine! Now I wish I was going.

/me gets Xmas hat ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Pile of crap, I aint going. :D

Bah humbug!

Well I aint going cuz I only have a tenner and its 8euro in. I should really do some work instead...

I will... later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oh crap, it's on tonight :( I thought it would be on Thursday.

Oh well.

• Advertisement

Well I went and I must say it was quite enjoyable. "Nice" sized crowd there, bands were good, lotsa drinking and dancing so cant really complain about the event itself really.

From what I saw Security were rather over zealous at times however during the ejection of one particularly rowdy person I did hear one of the bouncers shout "Did you try and ****in' bite me?" so maybe they had just cause inside...:rolleyes:

Yet again though I missed any form of outside heating, I mean for an event like that you'd think they could at least rent those heaters!

Advertisement