Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probot

• 13-12-2005 3:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

You know when you get that song in your head that just kicks sooo much fukin ass its insane? Happens to me every week, but there are a few that make it to the winamp list for me...

I heard about probot ages ago, before anything was mentioned over here. My mates uncle from newyork has serious contacts in the music industry and was goin on about how great this ghrol project will be. It stuck in my head, but i completely forgot about it.

Was in a mates house, flickin through his mp3 player, then i saw probot. I asked him 'why is that name sooo damn firmilliar'. he reminded me and i had one of those moments where you've been waiting/excited for something for soooooo long - so long you forget about it, then when you find out, its old news. We sat down played some 360, and listened to the album. 90% of it i loved. I will definitly look at dave ghrol differently now - i knew he was a great drummer, but i couldnt believe that was him playing lead guitar/rythem guitar, bass and drums. It just gave him that bit more diversaty than he already had in my eyes, which now elevates him to even higher than god of modern rock, i dont know what that is.

Shake your blood.

i've had the song on loop for an hour.

Song
    is
    insane!

Anyone else like probot? I know for a fact someones getting a slightly cheaper pressie for chrimbo off me - i have to get the album now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Dictatorsaurus, the one with Snake from Voivod singing... kicks ass :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Shake Your Blood is good, but Centuries of Sin with Chronos is definately my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I generally don't like anything metaly, but I quite like the Probot album. Don't really know if it's because it's better than most, or if it's poppier, or if it's just slightly more punk sounding. Either way, good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I do like metal, but im very very picky about what ill listen to. I've been playing that song over and over in my head. Was playing it on the bass for 2 hours last night, and an hour on the guitar. 3 hours of one song, jesus. Then when it got too late to rock out to it with sound, i got started on foot/snare for when im at the kit lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its a great album alright,thikn ill throw it on at work later on actually.aint listened to it in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

good call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

well it certainly went down a treat at work last night. the only poor song i thought was ice cold man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Which is a shame, because Lee Dorian is a bit of a badass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i love probot, but pretty much forgot about it til i read this thread!

centuries of sin is great, and the secret song with jack black has an awesome riff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

red_ice wrote:
    You know when you get that song in your head that just kicks sooo much fukin ass its insane? Happens to me every week, but there are a few that make it to the winamp list for me...

I heard about probot ages ago, before anything was mentioned over here. My mates uncle from newyork has serious contacts in the music industry and was goin on about how great this ghrol project will be. It stuck in my head, but i completely forgot about it.

Was in a mates house, flickin through his mp3 player, then i saw probot. I asked him 'why is that name sooo damn firmilliar'. he reminded me and i had one of those moments where you've been waiting/excited for something for soooooo long - so long you forget about it, then when you find out, its old news. We sat down played some 360, and listened to the album. 90% of it i loved. I will definitly look at dave ghrol differently now - i knew he was a great drummer, but i couldnt believe that was him playing lead guitar/rythem guitar, bass and drums. It just gave him that bit more diversaty than he already had in my eyes, which now elevates him to even higher than god of modern rock, i dont know what that is.

Shake your blood.

i've had the song on loop for an hour.

Song
    is
    insane!

Anyone else like probot? I know for a fact someones getting a slightly cheaper pressie for chrimbo off me - i have to get the album now.

Didnt anyone know about Dave Grohl playing bass in Nirvana on Jesus dont want me for a sunbeam when novoselic switched over to acordion or harmonica or whatever that yoke was called.? even back then he was a jack of all trades

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Also, has anyone noticed that The cover of Probot and the cover of the VoiVod album with the metal ant or beetle yoke on it are really similar. pointy spikes off the letters and all.

Negatron
    http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=7083

Probot
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00012M5S2/qid=1135201513/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-5446965-3662201?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Advertisement