Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best club/society in UL?

Options
  • 13-12-2005 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Well what is it then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

flamebait?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

well ill have to show support for the only one i joined.... Photo Soc for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Softball was the only one I joined. It was good fun, and really casual apart from a few members. Everyone in the club got on well enough and there were many nights out etc. A great one to join if you are looking to make new friends as at the start of the year they teach the game from scratch, so you don't need any experience, and most people in Ireland will be entering the game with an equal level of knowledge of softball(none;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Karoma wrote:
    flamebait?

ah no I wasn't trying to flamebait, just making the point that there are loads of class clubs and societies in the college that you won't find out about what they do unless you go down and get involved...

does anyone know which club/society has the most members?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭chubba1984

i'd hazard a guess at the GAA club

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

GSoc is the best Society in UL,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

OPC of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it would have been my dunebuggy club but the SU turned down my idea.

/me looks at unused dunebuggy gathering dust :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Kayak

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

Archery, we shoot high velovity pointy things!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

If you want to go on the basis of awards won last week then:

Best Club
    Sub Aqua

Best Society
    International Soc

Best New/Improved Club
    Dance

Best New/Improved Society
    International

Best Club Event
    Siege of Limerick - Ultimate Frisbee

Best Society Event
    Skycon - Skynet (Computer Society)

You can visit the Clubs and Societies website where you can find out more about what's available.

In the meantime seeing as everyone is just pushing their own, the Computer Society is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye go on the club if you want accept the best club does not have the best reputation for fun by a long shot

obviously my club the skydive club is the best but your club will be better im sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Guys, please observe that the question was asked in 2005. It is now 2009. Clocks go forward next Saturday but only by one hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement