Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signing up to smart?

• 13-12-2005 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi All,

I sent off my direct debit form to smart today but I have two questions,

1. I had broadband on the line before from Esat BT, however I got the whole thing disconnected (phone line and all). I got the phone reconnected last weekend with the same number. Do smart still have to get a broadband cancellation/cessation number before they can activate my line.

2. How long does it take on average from when I send in the direct debit form to have the modem in my house? Im on North Main so my exchange is enabled by now.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    luke

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi All,

I sent off my direct debit form to smart today but I have two questions,

1. I had broadband on the line before from Esat BT, however I got the whole thing disconnected (phone line and all). I got the phone reconnected last weekend with the same number. Do smart still have to get a broadband cancellation/cessation number before they can activate my line.

2. How long does it take on average from when I send in the direct debit form to have the modem in my house? Im on North Main so my exchange is enabled by now.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    luke

AFAIK it is only when you are changing provider from your current isp to smart that a cessation number will be needed however Smart will need your current Eircom account number.

Why not ring Smart and ask them when you are likely to be connected?

Advertisement