Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Producer Recycling Fund

Options
  • 13-12-2005 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Im sure this has been discussed before but its pissing me off. I think I recall reading that the producer recycling fund is there to fund the setting up of places old electrical goods can be returned to, free of charge? So far this tax has cost me a fair few quid. What is the point of it? The recycling centres charge €10 to return a fridge and the PRF is €40 when buying a new one. Also costs €2 just to get into the recycling centre. Whats the story with this? I cant understand how there wasn't uproar about it when it came in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I think the idea is that when you go to buy a new fridge the retailer is obliged to take back and dispose of the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

But I thought that system was in place before this came in. What about when you buy something like headphones- pay an extra €2. Nobody is going to bring back the old ones (I think) when buying new ones. They would just be thrown in a bin.
    Its just another tax with a stupid reason behind it.

Advertisement