Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from humour board

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

RuggieBear wrote:
    All users who post LOL should get perma bans too....

I thought they did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What if I were to just smile behind my hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

CuLT wrote:
    I thought they did?

Crikey.

is that a new addition to the charter too? Better go have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

CuLT wrote:
    I thought they did?
    There's your problem right there. You thought, so did the OP. And you are both wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Thats seems excessive? So if you like said joke/humour conten/is funny =ok, post that u think its not funny= ban? Er...what?

is it George Orwell's 1984 or boards.ie?.......you decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

1) You realise that you broke the charters, which means you must have read the charter, and therefor knew in advance that doing what you did could have resulted in a ban

2) It was not a mistake. It was a deliberate act

3) You are a moron. There are TWO stickies. One even highlighting the very one that you got banned for. You deserved to be banned for life.

I was banned for behaving as you have here...pointing out to someone that they are a moron.
    Should you not be banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I was banned for behaving as you have here...pointing out to someone that they are a moron.
    Should you not be banned?

diferent rules on this forum mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

RuggieBear wrote:

Indeed. Although "should I be banned" is a different question entirely ;) And CuLT - yes, an auto-unban would be a really useful yokey.

Hobart wrote:
    There's your problem right there. You thought, so did the OP. And you are both wrong.
    Do us all a favour and shut up. Your incessant lip-flapping is making my eyes watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

RuggieBear wrote:

The point is my ban was also unjust...boo the moderators.

• Advertisement

The point is my ban was also unjust...boo the moderators.
    Surely not all moderators? :O

CuLT wrote:
    Do us all a favour and shut up. Your incessant lip-flapping is making my eyes watery.
    I'm sorry clut. I was only trying to be as funny and entertaining as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

1) You realise that you broke the charters, which means you must have read the charter, and therefor knew in advance that doing what you did could have resulted in a ban

2) It was not a mistake. It was a deliberate act

3) You are a moron. There are TWO stickies. One even highlighting the very one that you got banned for. You deserved to be banned for life.
    I guess the humour mods need a sense of humour. Harsh ban and the new rule is moronic. No negative replies!?

Is Kharn hoping to be the next republican candidate for president? Sensorship getting a bit much imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

RuggieBear wrote:
    all criticism positive and negative should be banned and the Rate the thread feature that the mod prefers should be used.

All users who post LOL should get perma bans too....

That could work too. It's good to have some indication of whether a joke is good or not before going to the trouble of clicking on it, downloading etc.
    But it would have to be enforced because atm people rarely rate humour threads.

simu wrote:
    That could work too. It's good to have some indication of whether a joke is good or not before going to the trouble of clicking on it, downloading etc.
    But it would have to be enforced because atm people rarely rate humour threads.
    What about a new post? It's also impossible to enforce a bad idea TBH.

Hobart wrote:
    I'm sorry clut. I was only trying to be as funny and entertaining as you are.
    Ah, deliberately misspelling my name, the height of hilarity.

Who gave you your humour lessons? George Bush? Most of us don't have to be taught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hobart wrote:
    What about a new post? It's also impossible to enforce a bad idea TBH.

What about a what?

What are you saying there?

Still stalking my posts, eh?

CuLT wrote:
    Ah, deliberately misspelling my name, the height of hilarity.

Who gave you your humour lessons? George Bush? Most of us don't have to be taught.
    It was done to envoke a response. Monkey see monkey do type of thing.

CuLT wrote:

He has a point. It goes towards the reasons why county has no leg to stand on, having admitting to not reading the charter and banned appropriately.

Do I sense CuLT v Hobart / Anime schoolgirls V Steroid riddled horses in the THUNDERDROME???

Anime schoolgirls V Steroid riddle Horses - coming to a dimly lit top shelf near you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I sense Hobart is going to give us all another blast with the humour gun, vests at the ready

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    What about a what?

What are you saying there?

Still stalking my posts, eh?

IN order to form an opinion on a thread, by your analagy, a rating would have to be inplace. A rating could not be inplace if the thread had not already been rated (fairly obvious I would have thought). So therfore how would you know if a joke was good or not, if you were the first person to click on a new link? Or would you suggest that we pre-moderate all new postings and have the premodderator rate the joke before users see it?

The second part of my post refers to the enforcment of a rating on a thread, this is impossible.

As for stalking your posts, don't flatter yourself. Really, don't.

He has a point. It goes towards the reasons why county has no leg to stand on, having admitting to not reading the charter and banned appropriately.
    I presume you mean I have a point GS and not clut?

Hobart wrote:
    I don't think I've argued with someone of your wit since I was five years old Hobart.

In fact, calling it an argument would be an insult to argument :/

Hobart wrote:

Correct, I was referring to you, not CuLT.

The rating system could work for new threads as follows:
    x = min number of ratings to generate rating
    while (num_views < x){
    echo "donkeypron/new_thread_icon.gif";

----
    OR
    ----

echo "donkeypron/please_rate_this_thread_icon.gif";
    }

Leet_Haxor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hobart go get some sleep before you end up taking this flaming one step too far. You're attacking people left, right and centre over trivialites.

CuLT wrote:
    I don't think I've argued with someone of your wit since I was five years old Hobart.

In fact, calling it an argument would be an insult to argument :/
    I also notice that that you never let an idea interrupt the flow of your posts. Keep going. You is the insult master!!

nesf wrote:
    Hobart go get some sleep before you end up taking this flaming one step too far. You're attacking people left, right and centre over trivialites.
    I don't need you to babysit me nesf. Thanks.

Hobart wrote:
    I also notice that that you never let an idea interrupt the flow of your posts. Keep going. You is the insult master!!
    Oh please stop, I'm collapsing under your terrific insults here cry.gif

Hobart wrote:
    I don't need you to babysit me nesf. Thanks.

o_0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I couldn't agree more. The man's stamina is amazing. Women must swoon within a 100 foot radius whenever he's online. :)

Advertisement