Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend attacks by the canal

Options
  • 13-12-2005 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

My housemate had a bit of a run in with thugs at the weekend down there, he was walking along, minding his own business. They took his phone and wallet. Been hearing a lot of bad stuff lately bout the canal at weekends. Just warning any of ye, be careful, don't take short cuts in the dark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i heard it was the mickado geeks, trying to collect money for their hoodies

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

I wouldn't be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I was talking to a guy I know on Saturday and he was on his way to Brady's with a couple of mates of his when some bunch of scummers hurled abused at him and took a swing at one of his mates. Shower of little bastards. I'd love to get my hands of on one of them.

I was talking to a guy I know on Saturday and he was on his way to Brady's with a couple of mates of his when some bunch of scummers hurled abused at him and took a swing at one of his mates. Shower of little bastards. I'd love to get my hands of on one of them.

Down by the canal?

I'm not sure exactly where it happened. I think it may well have been in the vicinity of the canal, yes.

• Advertisement

Scum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

The Harbour has been a problem for years, I wouldn't call it a no go area on weekend nights, but if you go down there,there's a high % chance something will happen. It's where the majority of underagers drink and those too scummie to get into a pub.

Personally have never encountered anything down there, altough I rarely go there and I never hear of any locals having trouble, but maybe that's because they don't use that way either.

In truth, it's only about 100 metres of a short cut rather than going by the Glen and isn't worth the risk.

I got chatted up by 14 year olds last time I was down there, that's about as much trouble as I've had but it seems that girls don't really get picked on, it's fellas they tend to attack. Then again that's kind of the same everywhere I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I was attacked in the harbour last November on a Monday evening on my way to get the last train home, lost two teeth. It was a Peruvian guy who apparently lives in Greenfields. I can't press charges because I couldn't see him and was knocked out by the one and only punch.

Another fine example of the country that we live in. Sorry to hear about your housemates run-in, the canal and harbour really does seem to be a no-go after dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Go down and give hidings our yourselves if you're worried. Those lads get plenty and I think its time they got another one. **** the Gardai. Vigi style.

• Advertisement

base2 wrote:
    Go down and give hidings our yourselves if you're worried. Those lads get plenty and I think its time they got another one. **** the Gardai. Vigi style.

Finally, an excuse to use that sock full of 2 euro coins I got for Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mr. Nice Guy

now that christmas is over it should calm down a wee bit again like it usually does......

the knacks usually stir around summer and christmas when they have holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Fine Gaeler

Scumbags!Dangerous spot but you'd think the authorities would be on to it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

read an article about "happy slapping" where knackers randomly beat the **** out of people and video it on their mobile phones. In england there was this girl, who with her mates, killed a man by repeatedly kicking his head like a melon. It sucks that there seems to be a profusion of antisocial scumbags. Maybe its media hype, its hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Fine Gaeler

I guess that's a hobvby of sorts.....they're lovely people though,I'm sure:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

This is really bad and all, but how do you kick someones head like a melon? Is there a special way? Im serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

seriously i walk this way all the time and never seen anything yet...i'v seen the underage drinkers but they normally keep to themselves just not to attract attention towards themselves..i wouldnt be down there at weekends so maybe thats why i never see anything....and the gardai have to know by now so whats keepin them from the area. it cant be that bad that they are scared of a 100meter stretch of path? i know what the abuse of those type of people is like...and it surprises me to hear that things are that bad here...just that i havent seen it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

^ I would probably feel the same had I not been "attacked" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I had my bike stolen down there, stupid place to leave tho. One or two street lights would probably stop all that ****.

Advertisement