Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lights on car

Options
  • 13-12-2005 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

my g-friend has this weird issue with the lighting on her car...99 polo..on the way home at the weekend...all the lights stopped working(dashboard, brake lights, indicators etc) except for her main head lights which kept functioning fine(both dim and full)....when she started the car on sat and checked them everything was working fine again...any idea's what it could be...her usual mechanic doesn't seem to have an idea and she can't get it into a VW garage until 27th Dec!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Maybe check all the fuses are in tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Sounds like a loose block connector somewhere in the loom between the engine companrtment and the interior. Maybe near the bulkhead !

Just try pressing together ebery connector you can see under the bonnet and hope it doesn't reoccur !

If it does its time for an auto electrician !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I had the same issue with a caddy. All the lights bar the headlights went. It was my mates van and i thought it'd be funny to stick a key (insulated one of course!) into the power outlet and a fuse blew. It was funny cos he couldn't drive his van.:D I was getting him back for stealing my wipers. Maybe the same fuse is loose in your girlfriends car??

Advertisement