Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo Removal Keys

Options
  • 13-12-2005 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get a set of these?

I need to swap out my Pioneer DEH1400RB and swap in my Blaupunkt Sevilla RDM 168.

Not sure which one is the better stereo but the buttons on the Pioneer are all worn and hard to read.

I am working close to ICE in Ranelagh so I am going to see if they will give me a price for this too. Probably be a hell of a lot more cost effective to fit it myself though? Surely it's not that difficult?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I normally find breaking a length off a clothes hanger and bending it, then insert eitehr end into the holes works to remove the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

:D Funny enough I have actually already fashioned one of those for the Blaupunkt but the Pioneer is a different kettle of fish.

It takes some sort of blade rather than pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yer local Tallaght scumbag should be able to help you out... :D

On a serious note, if its like my Clarion... its the 'blade' type as you mentioned. Just look for something solid and flat, it will do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any motor factors should have them for about 2 euros. They normally come with a new head unit anyway, so you may have them knocking about somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Bought the new head unit off eBay second hand (probably stolen now that i think about it). The other head unit was in the car.

I tried Otto in Ranleagh at Lunch Time. he sent me to ICE. ICE were on Lunch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement