Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 10 meg.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

In the UK, the 1 meg and 2 meg didn't change. Might not be the case here, but something to note.

See here: http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

it's being done on a phased basis over there. 1 & 2 meg users will be upgraded to 10mb next year

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

carrotcake wrote:
    it's being done on a phased basis over there. 1 & 2 meg users will be upgraded to 10mb next year

Just to repeat, NTL:Ireland is no longer part of NTL:UK, it has now been officially bought by Liberty Global as of 3 days ago.

If you look at the UPC sites around Europe, you will see that they aren't upgrading all their customers to 10m, instead they usualy have at least three tiers which are something like: 1m, 4m, 10m. It is likely to be the same here, but they might up the 1m to 2m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

yes, i know! i'm not talking about ireland at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

So should us 2mb customers swap to the 3mb package now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

don't be so greedy people.. at least, wait a while.. :D

just imagine how poor we were using dial up a decade ago... :eek:

errr... can't go back......

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Getting NTL 3MB installed on Thursday, will quiz the engineers about 10MB availability.

Can anyone tell me what wires NTL will have to bring into the house for the broadband installation? We have the TV coax in place already - does the cable modem just plug into that? Can't find that info on NTL's FAQs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

it's a coax cable from the wall to the modem translating the signal.
    then ethernet, from modem to pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

fullerand wrote:
    We have the TV coax in place already - does the cable modem just plug into that? Can't find that info on NTL's FAQs.

They will probably use that if it is near your PC. If not they may install a new point for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They put a new point in my bedroom for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

paulm17781 wrote:
    If not they may install a new point for you.

Don't NTL charge an extra 5 euro per month for an extra point? Hopefully they'll have a wireless router for me to use instead of installing a new point...

fullerand wrote:
    Don't NTL charge an extra 5 euro per month for an extra point? Hopefully they'll have a wireless router for me to use instead of installing a new point...

No. It's 5 Euro for an additional digibox. They will install a point for a cable modem in any room you like if it is possible. I would think this is more likely than a wireless router unless you are in an apartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

That little i know bird was back yesterday on me window and said the upgrade of all exchanges is nearly complete and the forthcoming upgrade is DAYs away!! :p if he's wrong that little bird is Christmas dinner !!:p

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Jammy gits :(

But well done to UPC so! (if this rumour becomes reality)

WizZard wrote:
    Jammy gits :(

But well done to UPC so! (if this rumour becomes reality)

it will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭stoneroses

Drapper wrote:
    That little i know bird was back yesterday on me window and said the upgrade of all exchanges is nearly complete and the forthcoming upgrade is DAYs away!! :p if he's wrong that little bird is Christmas dinner !!:p

:D

Exchanges ??

Thats Telco this is cable. NTL don't do exchanges. cook that Bird :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Cool can't wait. 10 Megs for Christmas.

/me rubs his hands together.

TinCool wrote:
    Cool can't wait. 10 Megs for Christmas.

/me rubs his hands together.

Maybe not for Christmas............ but a new year is less than 10 days away ;-)

Did he say what speeds to expect? Will there be an additional tier for 49.99 or are we being upgraded?

nope just flew away ! and god knows when he'll come back if ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

God. If only my NTL wallmount only had a third socket ...

Advertisement