Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Options
  • 13-12-2005 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm getting this game Fable: The Lost Chapters. Havn't got a good RPG in ages. Anybody already have it? Is it any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

its a pretty good game, which doesnt take itself to seriously, but unfortunatly its over a bit quickly. it also falls short on alot of what lionhead said it would be like, which isnt surprising nowadays.

combat system is similar to zelda (ocarina of time) and it has a pretty good magic and archery system. the story is decent, but nothing new really. but it should keep you happy till oblivion comes out.

if you like rpgs, then you'll like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What format are you getting it on?

I found the loading times to be pretty long on the Xbox.

I did enjoy the game a lot though, took me a while to get into it as I found the voice acting on ALL the characters to be extremely annoying. And then once I managed to get past all that I started to enjoy the game... but then it ended.

It's a nice effort though. And there are some great moments in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The only problem i had with the game was the length. Otherwise it was visually excellent, it was absorbing and most importantly it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I played for abour an hour, got bored and stopped...worth going back to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I played the original Fable on the xbox and thought it was very good, and I'm not an RPG fan at all.

Arseface ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

Fable really was one of the highlights of last year for me. The interaction with villagers, the way they respond to you according to how you look, all brilliant. Serious contender for my best gaming moment of all time, picture the scene:
    The hero, a bald, tattooed, musclar, battle scarred warrior type, is wearing a pretty pink frock, and has recently gotten married to a small balding, bespectacled man, takes him for a romantic stroll along the beach. The hero stops for some canoodling, beats his gay lover to death with a massive great sword, and stolls around town in his new dress.
    F*cking legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

deadly :v:

I'm getting funny looks around the office here for the laughing :)

Tusky wrote:
    I played for abour an hour, got bored and stopped...worth going back to ?
    Yep... I got fed up with it pretty quickly too. But once it starts to get going there are some pretty fun missions to complete... just not enough of them.

But it is worth going back to alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It's a good game that coud have been great, let down by its linearity. The years before the game was released, Lionhead studios trumpeted how non linear the player could be in it, if that's doing set mission after mission until the end of the game, I'd better look up non-linear in the dictionary as I must have it wrong, I thought it meant something along the lines of freedom/many dimensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Oddly I just completed fable 5am this morning. Started on Monday. About 11hours gameplay and I got a lot of the non mainquest things. Not all mind. Not all by a long shot. And try to strike up a relationship when you look like the devils older brother.

It is a ridiculously short game but it also seems to be a game with a lot of other things to do. And it's nice to see your actions represented on your character. With morrowind no matter how horrible you were, or how long you were playing you'd still look EXACTLY THE SAME (excepting armour, clothes, etc).

Beyond the voices main gripe with the game is that I keep getting called lad by the guildmaster even into my 60's. I mean come on now! Oh and getting drunk in it is fantastic. Makes you want to start fights. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Why does everyone hate the voices in Fable, I thought the west country English accent was perfect for the game and actually amusing!, kept making me think of those ads for Ambrosia!.. "ooooohh aaaaaarrrrrr it's Ambrosia!"

I hate those ads.

Advertisement