Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Bug

Options
  • 13-12-2005 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Just spotted this in Humanities. The Final respondent to this thread, entitled "Porography is discriminating", is (or was) Thaedydal. However when you look at the forum it appears as if tj-music.com is the final respondent.

bug.jpg

bug2.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, we've seen this before. Two people post at the same (or almost) the same time, and the older post appears below the newer post. Haven't seen it in a while though.

It would appear that the forum listing is probably correct - tj-music got his post in last, but the thread listing is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

It's a matter of seconds; I guess the forum listing displays by minutes rather than seconds:

[php]
    mysql> select dateline,user.username from post,user where user.userid=post.userid and threadid="2054862124" order by postid desc limit 2;
    +
    +
    +
    | dateline | username |
    +
    +
    +
    | 1134470942 | tj-music.com |
    | 1134470954 | Thaedydal |
    +
    +
    +
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
    [/php]

TJ was 8 seconds ahead of Thaedydal. You are bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Cloud wrote:
    It's a matter of seconds; I guess the forum listing displays by minutes rather than seconds:
    You are bored.
    So much time, so little to do :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I stand corrected :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nah, Cloud's wrong, it's just Thaed's spelling breaking MySQL queries :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cheeky Cult cheeky just keep it up I do know where you live remember....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's happening right now on teh instruments forum, over a number of threads, last poster hasn't been updated since 15:12 though two threads have more recent posts.

Advertisement