Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for frogs legs.

• 13-12-2005 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was in the oriental emporium of Jervis St yesterday and bought some frozen frogs legs out of curiosity. I know that I can bread them and fry them, does anyone know what they go well with or any recipes (preferably not googled, I know how to do that myself) that you can use with frogs legs apart from panned? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Ok no one bit on this one so I asked one of the French gastronomes here at work and he said to pannee it and serve it with a provencale sauce, or sautee the untreated legs in garlic and butter in the pan, before the pannee you can also marinade in lemon juice. The other option would be to go oriental with them but I wanted to try them French style.

So anyway if anyone else is looking for something to do with them that above should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭RobEire

Instead of breadcrumbs make a thin batter of beer and flour wtih a touch of salt. Fry up and serve on a bed of steamed bitter greens (endive, etc) or on fresh wild rocket.

Ah nice one Rob, i didn't know that I could use "bierteig" nice one, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I have lots of frogs in my garden ponds every spring and I've decided, after mature reflection, to leave the poor $$$$$$ frogs legs where they belong .... on the $$$$$$$ frogs bodies .... :cool:

hobie wrote:
    I have lots of frogs in my garden ponds every spring and I've decided, after mature reflection, to leave the poor $$$$$$ frogs legs where they belong .... on the $$$$$$$ frogs bodies .... :cool:

thanks for the suggestion, so are you going to turn the temperature up on the pond and make a frog soup or stew of sorts? Do you suggest that I do the same? it seems unorthodox, but there may be something to it, thanks for the idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement