Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola V3X

• 13-12-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just wanted some advice.

Want to get the Motorola V3X, but its not available on Three yet, but it is on Vodafone.

But vodafones Bills for my usage are about 15-20 euro dearer per month.

So what should I do, hold out for the phone to be available on three (dodgy network), or go with vodafone (more expensive per month)??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Why do you say 3 is a dodgy network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

A friend of mine has recently got a 3g bill phone, and the multiple text problem
    that has been highlighted here happened him, also he's had a couple of phone calls were he has full network but the phone didn't ring, just went straight to voicemail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Both those problems have been sorted. The multiple texts was as a result of the other network not sending back a receipt to the 3 network so it would keep sending.

Oh and the V3X launches on Friday.... :)

Thanks for the info Jam Man.

I dont know what to do, I have one of the last remaining V3X's that vodafone still have reserved, and picking it up tonight.

But if the V3X is out this friday on 3, I might wait.

Will there be enough of them though, doesn't seem to be many given to the shops here???

Yes there will be enough :)

• Advertisement

V3X will be in stores tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Anyone have a source for the navy/blue v3x?
    I'm looking for it but can't find it anywhere :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i had a vodafone 3g phone.. and i will never ever use even vodafone again! was a complete nightmare and their customer service is useless... and they charge a fortune, so i'd go for 3 if i was you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

i had a vodafone 3g phone.. and i will never ever use even vodafone again! was a complete nightmare and their customer service is useless... and they charge a fortune, so i'd go for 3 if i was you!

Any experience using Three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Any experience using Three?
    I'd like to know this aswell actually - myself and my gf are moving to them soonish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Was strongly considering a switch to 3 for this phone & 3g package, but they don't allow access to WAP ? wtf !?
    You can only surf (their) designated websites. Screw that sheeet.

Went with the Motorola V3X with Vodafone.
    The download speed for footie clips and music videos is so fast.
    quality of picture and sound is quality.

Really happy with the phone.

Decided to go with vodafone, for the security of a big proven network.
    I have friends in Oz and the UK, and texting and ringing would be better with vodafone than 3, in my opinion anyway.

Vodafone have so many hook ups with network providers in different countries, and 3 lacks way behind this.

Thats my 2 cents anyhoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

How much did you pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

just picked up my new Motorola V3X from the 3G store in blachardstown, its charging up cant wait to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the v3x is in the shops now. its 189, 139 or 49 depending on the tariff. three is fantastic. i drowned one phone in absinth and they sent me out a new one for 50 euro. then two weeks ago i dropped the phone and broke a button. i phoned them up and they took it as a faulty handset and a courier dropped a new one out to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hmm...great customer service but you must be costing them a fortune !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

my brother got that phone today on 3 looks fair good and 3 arnt a dodgy network at all

parsi wrote:
    Hmm...great customer service but you must be costing them a fortune !

yup :D :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

199, 169, 149 & 129 on Vodafone.

Excellent phone!

I got this fone for christmas
    changed to 3 and there €25 a month package 100txts and 100mins of calls preety sweet
    i think the phone was €169
    anyway its a class phone and 3 is fair good all that 3G stuff for free
    shows how vodafone really rips people of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

just a q, is it possible to get that motorola v3x and then have it unlocked and then use it on, say, meteor or 02 gsm networks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

spend 127euro credit and vodafone will unlock it for you

i dont really want to get a contract from vodafone though. would probably get it from ebay or something, so thats why im wondering if its possible to use it on gsm instead of a 3g network. dont really care about downloading video content etc, but the phone would still work ok will it?

ya it shouold work but you should consider 3 though
    sure video calling might not interest you but the stuff the let you download is so class
    and 90% of it is free
    free comedy shows free sports etc check it out

What he ^ said

Plus the call rates are some of the best on 3 anyway.

I have a V3X on 3 and was surprised by it. Years with Nokias and I thought I'd hate it, but so far.....

k.im seriously thinking of getting the v3x on 3 and the 25E tariff. does the phone come unlocked so i can pop in my meteor sim to check if i get msg's as well?i dont want to port over my number,i have one of those lifetime free txt sims that id like to keep. had 2, but forgot the other one and now it got recycled :|. if its not unlocked, is it possible to get that done to that particular phone since its new?or will 3 be nice and help me in that endeavour? :)

munzab wrote:
    k.im seriously thinking of getting the v3x on 3 and the 25E tariff. does the phone come unlocked so i can pop in my meteor sim to check if i get msg's as well?i dont want to port over my number,i have one of those lifetime free txt sims that id like to keep. had 2, but forgot the other one and now it got recycled :|. if its not unlocked, is it possible to get that done to that particular phone since its new?or will 3 be nice and help me in that endeavour? :)

the phone is locked. 3 won't help. i don't know if that phone can be unlocked. ask in the unlocking thread but i doubt it because a couple of websites are saying it can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

I thought all phones can be unlocked? Im also looking for the 3g v3x but need it unlocked for my other sim card also. Ill ask on the unlocking thread too, but does anyone know of any shops which do unlocking that i could contact to see if this phone is doable yet? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Only problem with the v3x on vodaphone so far is with bluetooth, ie there's some software problem with it that wont let it connect to my ibook, which is very annoying.

But other than that, its a cool phone.

• Advertisement

Umm, I got the V3x today on Vodafone but despite the Motorola website specifying that the phone can play WMV and RealVideo files, it can't! It will play WMA and RealAudio but not video.

I wonder is this another feature Vodafone left out of their firmware...

Advertisement