Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola V3X

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Karsini wrote:
    Umm, I got the V3x today on Vodafone but despite the Motorola website specifying that the phone can play WMV and RealVideo files, it can't! It will play WMA and RealAudio but not video.

I wonder is this another feature Vodafone left out of their firmware...

try converting them to 3gp. the nokia multimedia converter is free and shrinks a full film to ~50MB. accoreding to gsmarena.com it plays mp3,aac and mpeg4 files. try converting to mp4 using videora ipod converter

3GPs work. I'm just p'd that Motorola say it can do it but when I get the phone it can't.

Link

Click "Personalisation/Fun Features" and you'll see:

"Audio Player : Support of AAC+, MPEG4, WMV, WMA, MP3 and Real Video/Audio files"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Sounds more like a vodafone "feature" than anything else.
    I hate those b*stards .....

Firmware update as soon as you can - only way to know exactly what your phone's actually capable of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

dont think its just with vodafone, i got it with 3 and i sent a video using the motorola tools thing but it said file unsupported (probably did it wrong though)
    and the mp3 player dosnt play 320kbps bit rate unless i did that wrong to lol
    have to admit though the motorola tools thing is very handy

1huge1 wrote:
    dont think its just with vodafone, i got it with 3 and i sent a video using the motorola tools thing but it said file unsupported (probably did it wrong though)
    and the mp3 player dosnt play 320kbps bit rate unless i did that wrong to lol
    have to admit though the motorola tools thing is very handy
    The manual states that the phone can't play an MP3 encoded over 192k. So I tried encoding a RealVideo file at 100k and it worked. But it won't work at 25fps using 100k encoding.

I suspect a slow processor, this phone isn't as great as I thought it would be. My Nokia 6680 can play everything I tried on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement