Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASN loses ESPN contract

Options
  • 13-12-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/cms.nsf/systemcontent/ESPNProgramming
    NASN’s contract with ESPN is scheduled to end on 5th December 2005. As a result of the contract not being renewed, NASN will be unable to bring viewers coverage of this season’s Bowl Games and the Bowl Championship Series in January 2006.

We have taken every possible measure to avoid this outcome and we are informing you of this development at the earliest possible opportunity.

For football fans, NASN has acquired a comprehensive range of new and extensive NFL programming from the NFL Network giving you unrivalled insight and expert analysis from around the league. Click here for more details.

NASN would however, like to assure you that our NCAA College Basketball coverage will continue through the regular season with usual coverage from every round of March Madness and the Final Four.

NASN are also actively seeking additional programming which we will be releasing details of shortly.

well that's just ****ing fantastic. college football is the only reason i have this bloody channel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

It's not good, esp with the timing, was looking forward to some of the bowls. Anyone know what the NFL Network is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

nfl network is actually quite good especially the game of the week....but i'd rather live coll football or nfl tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The next question is:

Will anyone else show college football? (Like Sky)

Slow coach wrote:
    The next question is:

Will anyone else show college football? (Like Sky)

I seriously doubt it.

tbh, i'm gutted.

I arranged my xmas holiday around getting back in time to watch the rose bowl:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tres bien

In all honesty lads have you ever looked forward to a bowl game as much as this year,:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dazcush

yeah, that's ALL ESPN programming they've lost. Around the Horn, PTI, NFL Sunday Countdown, Monday Night Countdown, Baseball Tonight, and whatever NBA and NHL shows they had from ESPN. Plus of course the BCS games as you'd already mentioned. Basically all that's left is College Basketball, Ice Hockey, and Nascar, which is gone to ESPN from 2007, so that'll end after next year too.

I've already cancelled my subscription.

NFL network is good, but you can get game highlights for free on nfl.com, so I didn't see the point in paying NASN for them. They don't have any live games either.

Oh yeah, they'll also still have baseball. But MLB.tv is amazing anyway, so again, no need for NASN.

Still a shame though. It was good while it lasted.

dazcush wrote:
    yeah, that's ALL ESPN programming they've lost. Around the Horn, PTI, NFL Sunday Countdown, Monday Night Countdown, Baseball Tonight, and whatever NBA and NHL shows they had from ESPN. Plus of course the BCS games as you'd already mentioned. Basically all that's left is College Basketball, Ice Hockey, and Nascar, which is gone to ESPN from 2007, so that'll end after next year too.

I've already cancelled my subscription.

NFL network is good, but you can get game highlights for free on nfl.com, so I didn't see the point in paying NASN for them. They don't have any live games either.

Oh yeah, they'll also still have baseball. But MLB.tv is amazing anyway, so again, no need for NASN.

Still a shame though. It was good while it lasted.

Ah **** it!!!!! i really really enjoyed PTI!!!!

Actually, i thought the BCS games were aired by ABC...does it own espn or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

I know it's a football form , but i need to express my disappointment with the loss of Baseball Tonight.
    What baseball will they show next season ?
    Do they have a deal with Fox ?
    I was hoping that NASA would turn into some sort of ESPN for Europe, just a continus feed of what was on ESPN but it seems not.

I know it's a football form , but i need to express my disappointment with the loss of Baseball Tonight.
    I was hoping that NASA would turn into some sort of ESPN for Europe, just a continus feed of what was on ESPN but it seems not.

I'd assume Fox would deal with Sky...both part of the Murdoch empire.

RuggieBear wrote:
    I'd assume Fox would deal with Sky...both part of the Murdoch empire.

True, forgot about that
    Christ, I'm pi**ed off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Booo hiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dazcush

I'm pretty sure they don't have a deal with Fox, it all just depends on what game it is they're showing, and who the broadcaster is for that team. The majority of teams would be Fox these days, but they do show a lot of Yankees, Red Sox, etc, who have their own TV channels. They won't lose any of the baseball, no need to worry on that front.

As far as the BCS stuff goes, I'm pretty sure that Disney own ABC and ESPN, so they'd all fall under the one umbrella.

dazcush wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they don't have a deal with Fox, it all just depends on what game it is they're showing, and who the broadcaster is for that team. The majority of teams would be Fox these days, but they do show a lot of Yankees, Red Sox, etc, who have their own TV channels. They won't lose any of the baseball, no need to worry on that front.

As far as the BCS stuff goes, I'm pretty sure that Disney own ABC and ESPN, so they'd all fall under the one umbrella.

That's true, for the little I saw of NASN over the baseball season I though they just carried games that were broadcast by the ESPN network.

I thought NASN showed a load of baseball from the various regional FSN channels in addition to NESN and YES broadcasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Are you Serious? When was this announced!!! F*** IT, i was dying for the Bowls - I spend all day watching the Draft in April!!!

Damn It!!! thank god for streamtvnow i would be extremely upset otherwise!!! errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Canceling it when i get home!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 NDMARSHALS

Manny7 wrote:
    I thought NASN showed a load of baseball from the various regional FSN channels in addition to NESN and YES broadcasts

Those channels are regional channels owned by Espn

NDMARSHALS wrote:
    Those channels are regional channels owned by Espn

Don't think so
    FSN is Fox Sports Network, therefore Fox owned
    YES is Yankees owened
    And I think New England Sports Network is at least part owend by the Red Sox and a cable tv company

No ESPN involvment there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Apparently ESPN is back on NASN until at least March 2006.
    Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American Sports in Europe.

I am pleased to inform you that as of today NASN has renewed our agreement with ESPN through the end of the March 2006 with the same programming we showed previously. In the new year, we'll be working to extend the ESPN programming agreement even further.

Thank you for your patience . Please check NASN.com for updated schedules.

For the very latest information, please continue to visit www.nasn.com where you can find the most up to date schedules, search the schedule by the sport and vote for the games that you want to see in our monthly Viewers' Choice.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the NASN Customer Service team at info@nasn.com or call us at 08708 50 30 30.

NASN IS EVERY PLAY, EVERY DAY

Kind regards

Theresa Anderson
    NASN Customer Services

Link

\o/

Great stuff. Will they keep the NFL programming as well? Game of the week was pretty good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement