Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVI to DVD converter

• 13-12-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I recently download a vid of a friend abroad that saved as an "avi" file but i need to copy it onto a dvd so that it'll play in a dvd player. i have a dvd burnin rom an all just need to know is there anyway to convert from the avi to dvd formats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

diko (freeware) will sort you out.

I don't know the site offhand so you'll have to google it (or it could be in the free software sticky in the computers forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/diko.cfm
    Thats a link to where you can download this software in case anyone is looking for it in the future.

Thanks for the help Khannie. Done the job beautifully.
    Jerry

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For paid software, I find WinAVI pretty good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DivXtoDVD is good to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Signpost wrote:
    Thanks for the help Khannie. Done the job beautifully.

Most welcome. :)
    Glad to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Win Avi or DVD Santa are quite good....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully04 wrote:
    DivXtoDVD is good to

Agreed, very good program
    Has never let me down and is easy to use, shame the trail version sticks a big banner in the middle of the file once its converted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cabaal wrote:
    Agreed, very good program
    Has never let me down and is easy to use, shame the trail version sticks a big banner in the middle of the file once its converted.

I have the original free version, doesnt do that :P

But ya, pitty the trial does it. Wish they would just offer a free version and a paid version (with the free version not having such a banner etc)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I use vso divx to dvd. Also very good.

Advertisement