Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox softmod question.

• 13-12-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I thinking of picking up an xbox seen as their only 100 euro at the minute.

I'd just like to make sure that I can soft mod it?
    I reckon it's possible having googled it a fair bit, just making sure!

Any links to the definitive way to mod it would be great too, if it doesn't go against the charter ;)

Cheers,

Pat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Do a search in this forum and use the www.xbox-scene.com forum.

look for a tutorial for krayzie's UXE autoinstaller as that is the universal softmod.

Post back if you get stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Do a search in this forum and use the www.xbox-scene.com forum.

look for a tutorial for krayzie's UXE autoinstaller as that is the universal softmod.

Post back if you get stuck.

Thanks, but I was unclear in my post...

When I said 'New Xbox question' I was asking mainly about how well purchasing a brand new xbox would work out for me.
    I'm wondering if any firmware or whatnot is on the new as opposed to older models!
    Most likely a silly question, but still...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

A new 1.6 xbox is as easily modded as one bought on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

i'll sell ya an xbox for €100 coz i have 2 and i need the cash + i'll lend ya all the stuff you need to do the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

patch wrote:
    I thinking of picking up an xbox seen as their only 100 euro at the minute.
    as a matter of interest where are they selling xboxes for 100 euros? I thought they were still 150 euros.

• Advertisement

as a matter of interest where are they selling xboxes for 100 euros? I thought they were still 150 euros.

I saw a poster in gamestop last weekend, 100 eoro for box but you have to buy a game as well, not sure if it has to be a new one.
    I heard Smyths have the same deal, also saw a post on boards somewhere to that effect. Prolly in bargains.

Cheers for all the help guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

it's true and you can get a second hand one in game for 99 yoyos

Yup, picked up an old version of Mechassault for 14.99 and the box for 99.

Advertisement