Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fix to play ntsc disks in ps2..

• 13-12-2005 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I'm using Swap Magic with Fliptop lid to play imported backup games. The only problem is that the backups are in NTSC format whilst the ps2 slimline and swap magic are PAL. This is resulting in the games playing in black and white.

Is there a way of getting a fix for this so that they play in colour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

okay so i have a chipped ps2 and my imported[ntsc etc] games would show b/w so i used to dump them on pc and patch them as pal and re burn them, patching them makes the screen go offset but patcher had some sort of yfix,
    if that didnt work i used a cd loader that makes ntsc to show pal,
    you would have to use your loader, then this cd loader , then your game.
    il try look for the cdloader link, its free and legit ASFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

if you use a fully pinned scart lead or s-video lead that should work also. much cheaper and a lot less hassle. your tv will also need to be able to accept NTSC 60Hz signals though.

this solved the problem for me

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

if your telly is in black and white the tv,s not ntsc compatible

Advertisement