Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police certificate needed for visa purposes - advice needed

Options
  • 13-12-2005 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was told i would be better to post this year.

I was told the police certificate would take upto 3 weeks to be sent to me.My local garda who sent off the application said the above.Now after a visit to the station yesterday i was told it would be morelike 1 month to 2 months.WTF the garda website says 1 month, the government website says 3weeks.At this stage i have been told so many different stories by all the differnt gardai i have spoken to so far.I had to cancel my visa interview yesterday which pissed me off as i had been waiting for 3 months to get to this stage. The gardai gave me the impression that they dont give a **** however much i explain to them how important this is.I was told wait my turn and with slow post coming into affect who knows when i will get it.I applied for the fiance visa though my gf who is american(she lives in dublin). So this is holding up everything now.Im going to try ringing the vetting office in phenox park again after 2pm.

Comments

Have you tried contacting one of your local td's?
    They should be able to at least query the delay and hurry the process along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Nope but will do so if i dont get it after christmas. I was told the next tme i can have the interview again is sometime in january. The american embassy in ballsbridge were highly unimpressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Are you moving to the US? You dont need a Visa just for a visit.

We are moving in Feburary.Its just so annoying as everyone is teeling me different information.I feel like im harassing the gardai now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Maybe you should go for the greencard. My friend who lives in China and is married to a chinese woman did that because the US consolate turned him down three times for the fiance's visa before he got married. However that could have to do with the amount of Chinese immigration into the US. I dont know.

I know this is a personal issue, but it might stand to you better if you were actually married and not just a fiance.

Well, lets see, how long after your interview will it take the US embassy to process the application? You may still get it in time.

• Advertisement

There is nothing wrong getting the visa, the only gripe i have is waiting for the police certificate.Once i have got that i can rearrange the interview and the visa will be granted.

Got my police certificate today. They issued it in a day as they rushed it through as the original application was submitted the first time i was there 4 weeks ago. Have my interview on the 13th of jan and then america here i come.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Congrats galwaydude.

Coming in January, huh? Should be pleasant -18C by then, the way things are going.

not moving over till march so will be there for paddies day.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand a Letter of Recommendation from a senator (not a TD - "Whats a TD?") also works wonders. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 onlinenow

Glad to hear you got the certificate Galwaydude, how did you end up getting it in the end I have been waiting since before christmas and I need it for my Australian visa application. Any advice you can give me?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The thread you're adding to hasn't had a response in three years.

You're better off starting a new thread on one of the travel boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement