Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI question

Options
  • 13-12-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

I upgraded recently so had to replace my old AGP 6800GT, so got a crappy basic 6800(clock speed of 350mhz) as a temp solution. anyway sold that off and am about to recieve this card https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314681 , with the full intention of getting a 2nd one and going sli in the near future. Now someones after telling me that because i got aTFT SLI's a waste because you need a min 1400 X whatever pixels, anything below 1400 will slow it down, first i ever heard of it.

Is this true?

Becasue i would've just got a 7800 instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

No well to be talking about using SLI you would be wanting to run your screen at 1600x1200 because at lower sizes a single/cheaper graphics card will give you the same frame rates.
    But IMO having the option to go SLI in the furute is he best think out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The only problem is that you need the sme card, make, model. Who says this card will be available 3-4 months away.

If you go 1024*1028 and slap aa and af on full then its a benifit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

well i normally go the max of the LCD, 1280X1024. and feck i hope that card will avalible in 3-4 months.

krazy_8s wrote:
    The only problem is that you need the sme card, make, model. Who says this card will be available 3-4 months away.

If you go 1024*1028 and slap aa and af on full then its a benifit

Not no more ya dont. New Forecware allows mixmatch. And the GS will be available Nvdia has made that clear.
    And Yeah at 1280x1024with 6800GS's youd notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Not no more ya dont. New Forecware allows mixmatch. And the GS will be available Nvdia has made that clear.
    And Yeah at 1280x1024with 6800GS's youd notice the difference.

you can mix match? great!!

any idea of the limitations on that?

have to be7800's etc. ?

• Advertisement

All sli can be mixed and matched with in the model range

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

All sli can be mixed and matched with in the model range
    as long as they have the same GPU (as above)

Ah yeah obviously!!:v:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

Ah yeah obviously!!:v:

it's just for horse (capaill)..he's a bit slow that way..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got a link for this? Could two cards from different manufacturers Gainward and PoV etc) be used? What about Gt with non Gt etc? And Golden Sample and what not? interesting news!

• Advertisement
Advertisement