Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting Component in

• 13-12-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I just took delivery of my new Samsung LE32 and it only has one set of component inputs. Now the problem is I have 2 component devices, a top end DVD Recorder and an Xbox360. Would I do any damage by putting splitters on the input sockets and connecting 2 devices at once, bearing in mind I'll only have one on at a time.

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

K-TRIC wrote:
    I just took delivery of my new Samsung LE32 and it only has one set of component inputs. Now the problem is I have 2 component devices, a top end DVD Recorder and an Xbox360. Would I do any damage by putting splitters on the input sockets and connecting 2 devices at once, bearing in mind I'll only have one on at a time.

Thanks
    K

I shouldn't think so. I am doing that at the moment (albeit on a composite cable to my amp rather than component).

With all that high end stuff, were you going to get an amp to get surround sound or not bother with that?

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

nereid wrote:
    I shouldn't think so. I am doing that at the moment (albeit on a composite cable to my amp rather than component).

With all that high end stuff, were you going to get an amp to get surround sound or not bother with that?

L.

I have a dedicated AC-3 / DTS philips amp. I'd like to hear from someone that's plugged 2 devices into the one component socket on a tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Do you have a VGA socket on the TV thats free? Get a component to Vga cable.

Do you have a VGA socket on the TV thats free? Get a component to Vga cable.

I think so, do tell me more

Is this one ??

55-873-RCA-6.jpg

Do you know where I can get one ?? Would there is any loss / improvement in picture quality ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

should be no change qualitywise.

try here

They probably aint the cheapest though. Try Avforums.co.uk or the back of home cinema choice or a similar magazine.

should be no change qualitywise.

try here

They probably aint the cheapest though. Try Avforums.co.uk or the back of home cinema choice or a similar magazine.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Component to VGA cables also available from Lektropacks.

Do you know if this would do the same thing ?

http://www.lektropacks.com/view_item.php?product=115&&category=32

I just spent €40 on a monster component cable and I'd rather not spend the same again. Would this splitter work on a component signal ??

Advertisement