Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lidl Bluetooth Handsfree set

• 13-12-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Wonder can any one here help? Probably a longshot.

brand name is Welltech have googled for about an hour no luck

Bought the last of these in one of the Lidl stores. The box was open, but all the parts were there. There was no manual though.

I cant get the device to communcate with my (or at least 2 other's) phone.

The device is bluetooth 1.1 my phone is a 6230.

has anyone bought one of these, and if so is there something I need to do on the handsfree to initiate communications with the phone. any help appreciated.

I can always bring it back, but I'd like to get it working

Thanks
    Dil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Alright dil,

If its the same type as my old man got, then this is what you do.

1. Enable bluetooth on your mobile phone.

2. On the headset, hold down the large button for approx. 5 secs until the light flashes. If it flashes Orange, you've just switched it off, it its Blue you've just switched it on.

3. Either way, you want to switch it off i.e. the Orange light to flash.

4. When it is off, hold down the button again, to turn it on, and when it flashes blue, CONTINUE holding it for approx another 5 secs until the light should flash blue/orange/blue/orange continuously. The headset is now in finding mode.

5. Use your phone and search for available devices, it should find the headset named 'BTHS'. Click to connect, and the four-digit passcode is '0000'.

Hope this helps - it should get you sorted.

bru

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

Bru

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately its a different device. Its not a headset. Its designed to fit up to to sun visor. Is a rectangular device about 7" x 2" with a little mic at the left and a 2" speaker at the right. It has an on/off switch (slider) and 2 buttons one to 'lift the receiver" and one to "hang up"

I have tried push and holding every combination :rolleyes:

Thanks
    Dil

Bru,

I actually used the technique you outlined, with the headset. ie holding the buttons as you switched it on. I did it with the left button and it caused the bluetooth light to flash red and blue. My phone then found it with the 0000 password.

I suppose all the lidl stuff comes from the same manufacturer. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Keep us posted as to what this is like. Lidl repeat these specials. I may buy one next time, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

was this the gadget ......

[IMG][/img]ilfybq.gif

I saw them upto a few days ago .....

• Advertisement

hobie wrote:
    was this the gadget ......

[IMG][/img]ilfybq.gif

I saw them upto a few days ago .....

thats the one. I used it today. The sound quality wasnt bad at all. And the person on the other end could hear me fine. It recognised the voice tags I used first time. It'll be interesting to see how the battery holds out. The unit is designed to fit up on the sun visor via a clip and a magnet, but the car charger wont reach it in situ. Its pretty easy to remove and put back up though

Advertisement