Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equity Release - A good idea?

Options
  • 13-12-2005 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to get some cash fast :)
    I own a property with my sister and was thinking about doing an equity release. Is this advisable?
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brendan552004

Who have you got your mortgage with?

Are you employed or self employed?

What percentage of the property is mortgaged?

Is your sister a co-borrower?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Who have you got your mortgage with?

Are you employed or self employed?

What percentage of the property is mortgaged?

Is your sister a co-borrower?

1. First Active

2. Employed

3. Less than 50%

4. Yes

Thanks
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Is the money for capital expenditure/investment? ... If so, then you won't get cheaper money anyway, that's for sure, so then it's OK.

If it's for a 'splurge' or 'holiday' or some other personal expense, then I don't think it's a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Don't forget the usual warning that 'your home is at risk if you don't keep up repayments' etc etc. It's probably the cheapest money you'll find on the market, though there is a bit of paperwork to be gone through to top up. If the property is your home, you'll need to up your mortgage protection insurance to cover the costs.

Advertisement