Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver MX text alignment

Options
  • 13-12-2005 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know how to change the default text alignment in Dreamweaver MX? I didnt have this problem before so i must have changed some setting by accident. The weird thing is that when i view the pages with Mozilla Firefox all the text is aligned to the left but when i view it with Internet Explorer the text is aligned to the centre.

It seems to work fine in both browsers when i am just writing normal text but if i have text within a html form or a library item it is coming up differently.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

its nothing to do with dreamweaver, its your html code.

post it up, chances are its a centered table - which can display differently in Firefox and IE

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

I have it viewing correctly on both browsers now. The table default alignment must be set to "centre" by default which is wierd because everywhere else the text is aligned "left" by default.

I have noticed that the table use the <div> bracket which may be the cause of the problem. I dont know much about this bracket.

Have a look at this form. How come some of the text fields appear as yellow boxes and some as white boxes (In internet explorer). In firefox they all appear white.

http://webirl.com/ace_website/quotation.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

the yellow fields appear in ie because of google toolbar

thanks m8

• Advertisement
Advertisement